Kansas City Academy
- Kansas City Academy provides a creative, holistic, personalized, college-preparatory education for middle and high school students. The Academy's educational program is uniquely designed to recognize, nurture, and challenge each student's personal and academic potential.
- By openly accepting and respecting the uniqueness and worth of each individual, the Academy is a place where students feel valued, learn personal responsibility, and experience learning as interesting, challenging and relevant.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Kansas City Academy provides a creative, holistic, personalized, college-preparatory education for middle and high school students. The Academy's educational program is uniquely designed to recognize, nurture, and challenge each student's personal and academic potential. By openly accepting and respecting the uniqueness and worth of each individual, the Academy is a place where students feel valued, learn personal responsibility, and experience learning as interesting, challenging and relevant.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 122 students
8524 Blue Ridge Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816)358-0950 5.1 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 149 students
10515 Grandview Road
Kansas City, MO 64137
(816)965-0186 4.3 PK-12
- Lees Summit Grades: PK-12 | 758 students
1500 SW Jefferson
Lees Summit, MO 64081
(816)525-1480 13 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 712 students
11511 State Line
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816)942-3255 3.4 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 673 students
10631 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816)942-3282 3.4 PK-12
No other school offers anything this close to the ideal for our daughter. The small student population, open atmosphere, and creative programming are all well-suited to make the most of her experience and needs. Above all it's the KCA philosophy we love – the mutual respect among students and faculty and the integrated educational approach provide a fertile environment to nurture her intellectual, social, and personal growth. Thus grounded, she is empowered to utilize her strengths with confidence and meet her challenges in an atmosphere of trust.
- Posted by Parent - purch
We were amazed by the opportunities for creative synergy at KCA - they offer diverse programs in art(full ceramics studio), music(percussion ensemble,student band), creative writing(student publications), theatre(fall and spring plays) and award-winning student culinary team.
- Posted by Parent - jpjkc
I think that KCA is a great school and the teachers and students put in a lot of effort to make it a good environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - andre
Kansas city academy is one of the finest schools i've ever seen, the students are kind, and welcoming, the faculty members are frendly and always wear a smile
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pocol
KCA is a small but welcoming community. I love it here because i can go to school knowing that no matter what class I'm in i will be comfortable and included in daily activities.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hdoll
Kansas City Academy has changed my life. I used to not be able to sit down and write a single word for my homework, and here I am making above average grades as opposed to incredibly below average. The students are open and accepting, the teachers are kind and compassionate to each individual, and the school environment is more than extraordinary. I love it here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - c2ran
I Love This school because it is very chill and some of the teachers are amazing at what they do. I do learn alot here the academics are just as good as public schools. Most of the people are very accepting of everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jjsea
An outstanding school with a unique approach to learning. Smaller classes provide students with many opportunities to explore and learn outside the school room. The students learn critical thinking and analysis of subjects instead of merely memorizing facts. I highly recommend Kansas City Academy for any student who would prefer a smaller school.
- Posted by Parent - jenni
My middle school son has never been so happy or absorbed in learning. He is learning important critical thinking skills instead of memorizing facts. The faculty and staff are a team of talented educators who work hard to build a strong school culture and it shows in the students behavior -- they are accepting, kind and supportive of each other. Visit this school. You'll be so impressed.
- Posted by Parent - jenni