Kansas City Academy
5.00 (11 reviews)
Tel: (816) 444-5225
Kansas City Academy Photo #6 - Art, Music, and Theater thrive alongside core curriculum subjects such as Math, Science, English and Social Studies at KCAcademy.org
- Kansas City Academy provides a creative, holistic, personalized, college-preparatory education for middle and high school students. The Academy's educational program is uniquely designed to recognize, nurture, and challenge each student's personal and academic potential.
- By openly accepting and respecting the uniqueness and worth of each individual, the Academy is a place where students feel valued, learn personal responsibility, and experience learning as interesting, challenging and relevant.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Kansas City Academy provides a creative, holistic, personalized, college-preparatory education for middle and high school students. The Academy's educational program is uniquely designed to recognize, nurture, and challenge each student's personal and academic potential. By openly accepting and respecting the uniqueness and worth of each individual, the Academy is a place where students feel valued, learn personal responsibility, and experience learning as interesting, challenging and relevant.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 102 students
15710 Calvary Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816) 358-0950 5.1 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: 7-12 | 60 students
3930 Broadway Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 561-0770 5 7-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 149 students
10515 Grandview Road
Kansas City, MO 64137
(816) 965-0186 4.3 PK-12
KCA has been extremely proactive in providing our children with a top-notch experience under the current COVID-19 conditions. The teachers spent the summer learning new digital platforms to assist with their online lessons. The school created a balanced schedule for the students to be digitally engaged with their classmates and teachers daily. KCA is consistently evaluating conditions to determine when students can return to in-person classes. The online schedule was designed to seamlessly flow with the in-person schedule once students can return to campus. We have the utmost confidence in the leadership and faculty at KCA, and we know that our children are receiving the best education possible to prepare them for their futures!
- Posted by Parent - Cathy Metcalf
It's not just a school, it's a welcoming community that is stimulating and encouraging intellectually. My kid is a delightful handful, and the level of support offered is unprecedented. I highly recommend it!
- Posted by Parent - Jessica Johnson
This school focused on my son's strengths, his creativity & made particular efforts helping him through his tougher subjects. He never felt like a number, he felt he was part of a scholastic family. The KCA faculty & friends/student community helped him reach his full potential & is on his way to college. I do not believe he would have had this kind of support at a public school. We love KCA!
- Posted by Parent - Angie
No other school offers anything this close to the ideal for our daughter. The small student population, open atmosphere, and creative programming are all well-suited to make the most of her experience and needs. Above all it's the KCA philosophy we love – the mutual respect among students and faculty and the integrated educational approach provide a fertile environment to nurture her intellectual, social, and personal growth. Thus grounded, she is empowered to utilize her strengths with confidence and meet her challenges in an atmosphere of trust.
- Posted by Parent - purch
We were amazed by the opportunities for creative synergy at KCA - they offer diverse programs in art(full ceramics studio), music(percussion ensemble,student band), creative writing(student publications), theatre(fall and spring plays) and award-winning student culinary team.
- Posted by Parent - jpjkc
I think that KCA is a great school and the teachers and students put in a lot of effort to make it a good environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - andre
Kansas city academy is one of the finest schools i've ever seen, the students are kind, and welcoming, the faculty members are frendly and always wear a smile
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pocol
KCA is a small but welcoming community. I love it here because i can go to school knowing that no matter what class I'm in i will be comfortable and included in daily activities.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hdoll
Kansas City Academy has changed my life. I used to not be able to sit down and write a single word for my homework, and here I am making above average grades as opposed to incredibly below average. The students are open and accepting, the teachers are kind and compassionate to each individual, and the school environment is more than extraordinary. I love it here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - c2ran
I Love This school because it is very chill and some of the teachers are amazing at what they do. I do learn alot here the academics are just as good as public schools. Most of the people are very accepting of everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jjsea
An outstanding school with a unique approach to learning. Smaller classes provide students with many opportunities to explore and learn outside the school room. The students learn critical thinking and analysis of subjects instead of merely memorizing facts. I highly recommend Kansas City Academy for any student who would prefer a smaller school.
- Posted by Parent - jenni
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.