The Plaza Academy
The Plaza Academy Photo #2 - To keep on families involved and part of their child's success, we require families to come in monthly to review their child's academic and behavior progress.
The Plaza Academy Photo #3 - Our small class sizes help give each student individualized attention and creates a positive learning environment.
- The Plaza Academy provides individualized academic, therapeutic, and civic education in an ownership-based environment that empowers our non-traditional learners to graduate high school and become successful young adults.
The Plaza Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Alternative School Network
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, Gardening, Video Game Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Beat Academy full studio music class
- The Plaza Academy is a school in which our staff, students, and parents work together to achieve academic, social, and familial success for teenagers who have been unsuccessful at traditional schools. We offer rigorous college preparatory academics in an environment that encourages critical and creative thinking through both verbal and written expression. The Plaza Academy designs curricula to meet the needs of teenagers and their families as we prepare students for college and other post-high school environments. Our civic education model and therapeutic curriculum teaches our students to take control and have ownership over their own livelihood. The Plaza Academy prepares our non-traditional learners for their type of adult success whether they matriculate to college and/or enter the workforce directly to begin providing for themselves.
- People that viewed The Plaza Academy also viewed these schools: Kansas City Academy, Grandview Christian School Inc & Golden Eagle Preschool, Blue Ridge Christian School, Heart Of America Christian Academy and Notre Dame De Sion School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grandview Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
12340 Grandview Rd
Grandview, MO 64030
(816)767-8630 11.1 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 122 students
8524 Blue Ridge Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816)358-0950 7.8 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 281 students
7600 Blue Ridge
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816)356-6380 7.5 NS-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.