St. Paul's Episcopal Day School
5.00 (7 reviews)
St. Paul's encourages social-emotional growth, character development, and leadership in all of our students as we provide one of the top academic educations in Kansas City
- Excellent Academics, Outstanding Leadership Development, Integrated Community Service We offer an outstanding academic program, and we prepare students for success throughout their entire academic career--from early childhood education through high school and beyond.
- Committed to STEM education https://vimeo.com/216063836 We value character-development. We teach children the life skills they need to reach their full potential.
- We value chapel. As an Episcopal school, we seek to awaken and instill spiritual values through daily chapel services.
- We value community. We strive to be a responsible neighbor, we actively care for others, and we parnter with families to achieve our mission.
- Our mission: St. Paul's Episcopal Day School develops ethical leaders, confident learners, and compassionate, engaged citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||466 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||40 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Average is for K-8th grades. Part time toddler, pre-school and pre-k tuition is significantly less than this average|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jill McGee|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Math Clubs, Robotics, Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- St. Paul's Episcopal Day School values teaching and learning and character development in a loving, supportive community. Our mission is to develop ethical leaders, confident learners and compassionate, engaged citizens
- People that viewed St. Paul's Episcopal Day School also viewed these schools: Grandview Christian School Inc & Golden Eagle Preschool, Notre Dame De Sion School, Barstow School, The Barstow School and The Pembroke Hill School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grandview Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
12340 Grandview Rd
Grandview, MO 64030
(816)767-8630 10.8 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 673 students
10631 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816)942-3282 8.1 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 614 students
11511 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816)942-4054 9.3 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 712 students
11511 State Line
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816)942-3255 8.1 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1172 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816)936-1200 1.3 NS-12
St. Paul`s is amazing! When I was trying to decide where to send my children to school I remembered the amazing experiences and fond memories I had as a student at St. Paul`s. I have had a child here for the last 5 years and now have 2 children attending St. Paul`s. We can`t imagine sending our kids anywhere else. The teachers and administrators are encouraging, flexible, kind, knowledgeable, and hard working. My 2 children in this school have very different needs and personalities from one another. This school has worked well with each of them. If you are looking for not only a great school but a wonderful community to join, St. Paul`s is the place for your family!
- Posted by Parent - Janda Nielsen
The teachers at St. Paul's are exceptional! They create amazing themed units that tie together all of their teaching subjects in a way that makes it fun and interesting for the kids. The small class sizes allow for personalized attention, something we wouldn't get anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - Bettine Freeman
I can't imagine a better school for my children to attend! The care, compassion, and love that all the staff and teachers give to students on a daily basis make a tremendous impact on developing confident and successful learners. I also love the emphasis on developing life skills through the character qualities taught each month--Flexibility, Sharing, Creativity,etc. The school truly lives up to it's mission to develop confident learners, ethical leaders and compassionate, engaged citizens.
- Posted by Parent - Tricia
St. Paul's has been an excellent choice for our boys, from kindergarten through middle school. The teachers and administrators have modeled accountability and expected it in return. Academics are challenging, yet allow for balance with extracurricular activities, sports, and family life. The daily chapel lessons are a solid blend of faith and life application. We love that public speaking is a requirement from the earliest grades--it builds confidence! Each grade requires a higher level of personal time management skills and focus than the last, and it's impressive to watch the children grow in those ways. We're thankful for the welcoming community we've found at St. Paul's; we and the boys have made friendships that will last a lifetime. Schools are human institutions (so none are perfect), but any issues we've encountered have been dealt with directly and thoughtfully. We highly recommend St. Paul's to parents who want their children to become confident learners, leaders, and engaged members of the global community.
- Posted by Parent - ChampBailey03
We have been parents at St. Paul's for the past three years and have seen our child grow and thrive in the school's warm, caring community. The teachers in the ECC have been phenomenal. They truly connect with the children and set high expectations that the kids want to live up to! We also appreciate St. Paul's daily chapel, which is inclusive and joyful, and the school's focus on life skills and character development.
- Posted by Parent - G. Dobesh
We value the excellence in education at St. Paul's, especially the emphasis on integrating STEAM curriculum at every grade level. The character education and community of support the school creates is remarkable! We explored almost every private school option in the area and found this school to meet all of our criteria. They believe in active learning environments for children, Toddler-8th. I love seeing evidence of Design Thinking methods at the Kindergarten level! The after care program is wonderful as well.
- Posted by Parent - Kate Ward
The community at St. Paul's is so warm and welcoming. My daughter currently attends St. Paul's - and is receiving an excellent education. Additionally, St. Paul's offers fun and educational enrichment classes after school like; cooking, book club, art, and many more. There is so much respect and kindness that is fostered at this faith based school. I'm grateful that my daughter is benefiting from this amazing educational experience. I highly recommend St. Paul's.
- Posted by Parent - K. Harris
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.