- Since 1870, Gillis has been dedicated to serving the needs of children and families of Kansas City.
- Gillis’ services have undergone many changes over the years. From our beginnings as a support service for families following the Civil War, to our years as an orphanage, to the current focus of assisting troubled children and their families to become healthy and self-sufficient, we have remained steadfast to our original mission of helping the “needy and distressed” of Kansas City.
- Gillis is also committed to serving the needs of children and families in the future.
- Our strong foundation and quality care and innovative vision will guide us as we adjust to the changes of the 21st century.
- The mission of Gillis is to help at-risk children and their families become contributing members of the community through education, counseling and social services.
- The vision of Gillis is that all children will live in emotionally stable, safe and nurturing families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.