Summit Christian Academy
Summit Christian Academy Photo #2 - The SCA Early Education program for children ages 2 1/2 - 5, offers a curriculum that includes, Spanish, Science, Social Studies, Bible, Reading, Phonics, Music and Physical Education, all in a loving environment taught by certified teachers.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #3 - The SCA High School athletics program is part of MSHAA. SCA offers both girls and boys basketball, soccer, track and field, golf and cross country, and girls dance, softball, swimming and volleyball, and boys baseball, wrestling and football. The teams have been state-ranked in several athletic areas.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #4 - Senior High Dual Credit Opportunities - SCA offers 74 college credit hours.The ability to take a class for dual credit at the high school level is considered an earned privilege for students whose attitude toward study reflects a collegiate level of maturity. In order to preserve the integrity of the collegiate environment within these classes, all students are required
Summit Christian Academy Photo #5 - One of the Core Values at SCA is Igniting Leadership. SCA embodies a culture of servant leadership that is sparked by a sense of individual purpose. With competency, credibility, and compassion, we add value to others and influence the marketplace of ideas.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #6 - One of the Core Values at SCA is Inspiring Excellence in Learning. The SCA faculty inspires students to discover and develop their God-given gifts and talents. We nurture an enthusiasm for learning, providing an atmosphere wherein students may express creativity, discern truth, think critically, and choose wisely.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #7 - Summit Christian Academy is an independent, nondenominational Christian school located in the Kansas City, Missouri, area serving 830 students from preschool through 12th grade. Summit Christian Academy is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International and AdvancED. Our mission is to inspire students to achieve their God-given potential through excellent academics and Christian training in a compassionate environment. We provide an outstanding educational experience for all students that educates the whole student - spiritually, emotionally, mentally, socially, and physically. Led by a team of Christian educators and staff, Summit Christian Academy works with parents to raise godly children in a rigorous academic and college preparatory environment.
- Serving 835 students from 195 area churches, Summit Christian Academy serves preschool through 12th grade students.
- SCA is fully-accredited and provides college-preparatory academics and a full range of extracurricular activities.
- Founded as an independent Christian school, SCA staff and teachers strive to inspire students to discover and achieve their God-given potential.
- The vision statement of SCA is to be the school of choice for parents who desire excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Classes are offered for high school students as well as PK-6th grade. Cost and programs vary. Check the Summit Christian Academy website for more information.|
|Total Students||815 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||74 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History 101, American History 102, English Composition 101, English Composition 102, Math 110 - College Algebra, Math 206 - College Trigonometry, Math 210 - College Calculus, Spanish 110, Spanish 120, Spanish 211, Spanish 221, Western Civilization 201, Western Civilization 202|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,600|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Coats|
|Admissions Associate||Jami Roth|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Interact Service Club, National Honor Society, Speech and Debate, Spiritual Climate Committee, Student Ambassador, Student Ambassador Program, Student Council, Student Government, Volunteer Opportunities Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Competitions, Choir, International Thespian Society, Junior/Senior Ensemble, Orchestra, Worship Team
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Team, Youth Wrestling Program
- 40-acre campus includes elementary and secondary facilities, athletic fields, and two playground areas.
- Member of Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA).
- Dual-credit courses allow students to graduate with as many as 74 dual credit hours.
- Parent and grandparent volunteers are welcomed and can be seen throughout the school monitoring the hallways, helping at lunch, reading in the library, and assisting in athletic programs.
- Average ACT of 25 (Class of 2019).
- Named in the top 5 Private Schools by the Kansas City Business Journal.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Summit Christian Academy also viewed these schools: Our Lady Of The Presentation School, Blue Ridge Christian School, Kansas City Academy, Plaza Heights Christian Academy and Grandview Christian School Inc & Golden Eagle Preschool.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lees Summit Grades: K-8 | 439 students
150 Nw Murray Rd
Lees Summit, MO 64081
(816)251-1150 2.2 K-8
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 122 students
8524 Blue Ridge Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816)358-0950 8.3 NS-12
- Grandview Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
12340 Grandview Rd
Grandview, MO 64030
(816)767-8630 8.4 PK-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.