Plaza Heights Christian Academy
- Our primary focus at Plaza Heights Christian Academy is developing godly character in future generations by teaching Biblical principles.
- We all know that education starts at birth and is a life-long process.
- Children need their education to be consistent. Consistency - not conflict - between home, school, and church is very important.
- One goal we have at Plaza Heights Christian Academy is to have the Bible be the integrating factor in all that we do. We are committed to teaching students Biblical principles that reinforce what is taught in the home.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Dual Credit Art Appreciation, Dual Enrollment classes are offered through GCU and LeTourneau University., Honors Physics, Honors PreCalculus|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||$5850 per year for K-5 $6150 per year for 6-8 $6550 per year for 9-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Charles Lawson|
|Admissions Associate||Jill Richardson|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Grades 4-8 Chess Club, National Honor Society
- We exist to assist parents in providing their children with a superior education and a firm foundation of Christian values, equipping them with skills to impact their world as devoted followers of Christ.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Plaza Heights Christian Academy also viewed these schools: Our Lady Of The Presentation School, Summit Christian Academy, Marillac, St Paul's Lutheran School and Grandview Christian School Inc & Golden Eagle Preschool.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lees Summit Grades: K-8 | 439 students
150 Nw Murray Rd
Lees Summit, MO 64081
(816)251-1150 8.8 K-8
- Lees Summit Grades: NS-12 | 815 students
1500 SW Jefferson
Lees Summit, MO 64081
(816)525-1480 9.2 NS-12
- Blue Springs Grades: NS-12 | 37 students
5000 Nw Valley View Rd
Blue Springs, MO 64015
(816)224-9541 3 NS-12
- Concordia Grades: PK-8 | 174 students
407 S. Main St.
Concordia, MO 64020
(660)463-7654 38.4 PK-8
- Grandview Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
12340 Grandview Rd
Grandview, MO 64030
(816)767-8630 15.2 PK-12
Plaza Heights has been everything I wished for my child and more. The leadership TRULY cares about the school's vision and goals they set forth for the school. The leadership are visible and interact with parents as well, which is really nice. We are a working family so before and after care is crucial for us. This school offers both of these at a great price. If you are wanting to find a solid biblical foundation for your child this is definitely a great place to send your little one. The class size is just right as well. In speaking with friends who teach at public schools it appears the teachers (at public schools) are super stressed, pulled in different directions and can't keep up with every child's demands....but how can you with 20+ kids in a classroom?! The class size for our daughter's class is around 13 kiddos. Lastly, we participate in the MOST program where I have money taken out of my paycheck (tax free) which goes into the MOST savings plan. I then take this money out (twice per year) to have it sent directly to this school. During tax time I noticed my refund amount go up after I entered this MOST deduction. All in all it's a win win for our fam.
- Posted by Parent - Family
Our children attended Plaza from preschool up into their high school years (until we moved out of state). We were extremely devastated to have to leave. The staff and teachers truly cared for my kids and our family. The school strives to have many different opportunities for kids to grow and develop educationally, spiritually, and characteristically. They offer many sports, a great music program, theater, arts, and much more. Our children participated in many activities and loved them all. If they struggled educationally the teachers were willing to help them outside of the classroom as well as in it. This is a great well rounded school for a Christian Education.
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
Where else can you get a quality private school education taught through a Christian Worldview for approximately $5,000 per year? In addition, the school is a safe "family like" environment small enough that everyone has an opportunity to partipate in all desired extra curricular activities..
- Posted by Parent - Jim
This school is fantastic! The teachers and staff truly care about the students! It is a wonderful christian environment to raise kids!
- Posted by Parent - TS
my teacher was amazing and the principal was to! I learned so much and highly recommend it to any kid!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - anonymous