Highlawn Montessori School
- Highlawn Montessori School has continuously provided an authentic Montessori environment since its founding in 1963.
- Its Children's House offers pre-school and kindergarten classes to children ages three through six, and the elementary program teaches children in first through sixth grade.
- The Friends of Montessori Association, a not-for-profit organization, owns and operates the school.
- The philosophical foundation of the Montessori approach is based on the premise that education should cultivate the child's natural desire to learn.
- In the Montessori classroom this objective is met by allowing the child the freedom to experience the excitement of learning by providing choices.
- Respect for the child's personality and his ability to create himself is the basis for all our interactions in the classroom.
- This Montessori concept is a proven superior method to traditional education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LeawoodGrades: 1-12 | 83 students
10713 Barkley St
Leawood, KS 66211
- Kansas CityGrades: NS-12 | 614 students
11511 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
- Kansas CityGrades: NS-8
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
- Kansas CityGrades: NS-12 | 1172 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
- Kansas CityGrades: PK-12 | 715 students
10631 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.