Monarch Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (913) 649-4114
Monarch Montessori School is an authentic Montessori preschool in beautifully prepared classrooms, with highly-trained teachers who are passionate about the education of your individual child.
Monarch Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Toddler Program Primary Full Day Primary Half Day plus extended day until either 4:00 or 5:30|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Clark|
- Our Montessori classroom is meticulously prepared to promote self-discovery, confidence, and a love of learning. Lessons are presented individually to your child or in small groups in the areas of Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Social Studies/Geography, Science, Art, and Music. Then, exercising self-discipline and responsibility, each child chooses the material she or he wants to work with. As academic skills develop, so does self-confidence and independence. We respect the children`s concentration and work choices, and in turn they learn respect for themselves, for each other, and for the environment around them.
- At Monarch Montessori School, we foster independence, creativity, self-direction and personal responsibility. We nurture a child`s love of learning in an environment of acceptance, understanding, and mutual respect.
- We serve organic snacks and use natural cleaning supplies.
- Our teachers are AMS certified and practice authentic Montessori methods of teaching.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prairie Village Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
3531 Somerset Dr
Prairie Village, KS 66208
(913) 649-6160 2.7 PK-6
- Lawrence Grades: PK-K | 25 students
1900 University Dr
Lawrence, KS 66044
(785) 843-7577 31.4 PK-K
Have you ever walked into a room of 20 + kids and found each one busily working, independently thinking or collaborating with a friend? This was what attracted us to Monarch. Set in a beautifully adorned room with loads of natural light and a full kitchen garden in the yard. The teachers actually participate in my child's learning, rather than just babysitting them. The kids are encouraged to explore their own limits. I have been amazed at the diverseness of tasks my child has worked on, and all at her pace, not theirs. I would highly recommend this school, I wish they went beyond Kindergarten!
- Posted by Parent - cathe
My daughter (3 1/2) loves school, and that is 100% attributable to the attention and care she receives at Monarch. Just this week, she was excited to show me some of her work, and it was matching simple words to pictures--i.e. reading! The Montessori tools and techniques are wonderfully created for a child's mind. The teachers at Monarch have a special ability to connect with the children and the result is children who are able to maturely and thoughtfully connect with each other. We checked out a number of Montessori schools around town and it just came down to a gut feeling about Monarch. I'm so pleased with made that choice.
- Posted by Parent - carri
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.