Brookridge Day School
- Our Mission is to shape an environment where the development of the whole child is nurtured; where parents, teachers, and families are strengthened; and where learning is cherished.
- Our Commitment is to model our mission in our daily behaviors.
- Our Vision is to improve the universe; its people and its environment.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies on age and program.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance (Ballet, Tap and Creative Movement), MusIQ (piano lessons)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Stretch N Grow, Tae Kwon Do
- Begininng Preschool is for two-and-a-half year olds, it is a full time program. We have a part-time and full-time Preschool for children who have turned three by August 31st and potty trained. Also, a part-time or full-time Pre-Kindergarten program for children who are four-years-old by August 31st. Our grade school is Kindergarten through thrid grade. Children must be five-years-old by August 31st, to start our full day Kindergarten.
- Brookridge has been selected as one of the TOP 50 Private Elementy Schools in the country by The Best Schools. Here is a link to the article: http://www.thebestschools.org/rankings/best-american-private-elementary-schools/
- Call and tour today! Spots are limited!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prairie Village Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
3531 Somerset Dr
Prairie Village, KS 66208
(913)649-6160 3.5 PK-6
- Overland Park Grades: PK-12 | 151 students
7016 W 74th St
Overland Park, KS 66204
(913)647-8729 2.9 PK-12
- Leawood Grades: PK-2 | 150 students
6820 W 121st St
Leawood, KS 66209
(913)339-6633 3.4 PK-2
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.