The Phoenix Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (913) 381-1250
- The Phoenix Montessori School was founded in 1992 by Alice Blackford, Head Directress.
- She received her AMI Montessori certification in 1977 from Avila College, and for the next 14 years assumed responsibility as lead teacher and program director at two AMI affiliated schools in the Kansas City area.
- The Phoenix Montessori School program is based on Dr. Maria Montessori program.
- At The Phoenix Montessori School we strive to inspire each child to explore, to create, to learn, to work and to be part of a harmonious social community.
- Our philosophy allows the children to progress at their own pace in a prepared environment, which enables them to discover for themselves, to do things for themselves and to have confidence in their choices and abilities.
- We meet five days a week from late August through May each year.
- The Phoenix offers half-day and extended day programs with mixed age groups in each of our classes.
- The Phoenix Montessori School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, disabilities, or religion to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prairie Village Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
3531 Somerset Dr
Prairie Village, KS 66208
(913) 649-6160 3.1 PK-6
- Kansas City Grades: PK-6 | 115 students
707 W 47th St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(913) 544-1041 7.3 PK-6
- Kansas City Grades: PK-K | 48 students
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 561-7664 9.5 PK-K
Both my girls attended this wonderful school. They transitioned in to grade school ahead academically. They not only exceeded our expectations in academics they also gained a sense of community and concern for others. A truly beautiful school with happy children.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 2
I've now had four children attend Phoenix Montessori and it is a wonderful school! The staff is so caring and knowledgeable. My children have thrived in the Montessori environment. Every day I'm amazed at what they are learning.
- Posted by Parent - Mother of 4
I am so glad that I decided to enroll my daughter here. This is a traditional montessori school with only china and wood. No plastic or electronics. They focus on language and math. They go outside to play almost every day, even in winter. When it is nice they always have lunch outside. I love this school.
- Posted by Parent - emfac
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.