Bethany Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Bethany Lutheran School has Mother's Day Out and Preschool through Grade 8.
- Our school environment is safe, comfortable, and nurturing to the students and families.
- We are a Christ-centered community where our faith in Jesus is lived out.
- The faith and values of the family are built upon to create a solid foundation to take the students through life.
- The staff are Christian, loving, and positive. The teaching faculty respects and understands the different needs of students and provides an academically challenging environment.
- The small class sizes allow teachers to know children well, forming the basis for truly individualized instruction.
- We at Bethany Lutheran School are committed to empower each child to realize his/her academic, aesthetic, spiritual, physical, emotional and social potential as a child of God.
- Through instruction and experience, we are further committed to help children develop into responsible Christian citizens who are skilled in cooperation, Christian service, problem solving and academic performance, who value self-worth, and who are committed to lifelong learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Enrollment for Preschool, Mother's Day Out, and Elementary school begins in February. Spaces are limited. Bethany's K-8 program also offers a Homeschool Academy on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. For more information on enrolling in Preschool or Mother's Day Out, contact Amy Schultz, Director, at email@example.com or call 913-648-2228 x117. For information on enrolling in K-8, contact Sharon Fries, Principal, at 913-648-2228 x114.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Overland Park Grades: NS-3 | 266 students
9555 Hadley Dr
Overland Park, KS 66212
(913)649-2228 1.4 NS-3
- Prairie Village Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
3531 Somerset Dr
Prairie Village, KS 66208
(913)649-6160 2.1 PK-6
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1172 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816)936-1200 6.1 NS-12
The preschool is fantastic! The teachers and staff are loving and nurturing and teach so much more than just the basics. It is great to hear songs about Jesus and how is our savior. Our son loves going to school and we have enrolled in Kindergarten. He can't wait for school to start in August.
- Posted by Parent - Jen
The preschool program is fantastic. The program is grounded in Christ with Bible stories included in each session. In addition our son has brought home some wonderful art projects and enjoys the movement class.
- Posted by Parent - schle
Warm and caring staff. Well rounded preschool program anchored in faith. Builds strong foundation for continued learning as well as growing in Christ. Highly recommend the Preschool and MDO programs.
- Posted by Parent - kstro
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.