Holy Cross Catholic School
- Top Ranked KS School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 458 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Reading & Math disabilites
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition is based on the parish membership of the family and the number of students a family enrolls. Although the admissions deadline is stated as May 1, enrollment is accepted up until a class is considered full.
- In alignment with the mission of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas Schools, we strive to infuse our Catholic faith in every academic subject. In addition to our religious education curriculum we incorporate Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (a Montessori-based faith formation program)in PK-3rd grades, social justice initiates and service projects.
- Holy Cross employs 28 teachers in the elementary school and 5 teachers in the early education center (preschool). Our staff qualifications include two full-time learning specialists, 50% of the staff with 15 or more years of teaching experience, 40% of the staff with Masters degrees, licensed couselor, school nurse, before and after care coordinator and a summer program coordinator.
- Academic Excellence is a high priority for the faculty and staff and as a result our school has excelled receiving the 2007 Building Standard of Excellence award from the State of Kansas in reading, math and writing.
- Additional programs include music, art, PE, technology instruction (wireless laptop technologhy), library, Spanish, and federal school lunch program.
- Enrichment Activities include: Kindergarten bell choir, Battle of the Books, Mathletics, Science Olympiad, Quiz Bowl, grades 5-8 band, Jr. High bell and vocal choirs, grades 3-8 Parish CYO Sports (see sports listing).
Endorse Holy Cross Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.