Global Montessori Academy
Tel: (913) 544-1041
- Global Montessori Academy is more than just a school; it's families working together to provide children with the best possible educational environment.
- At GMA our goal is to enrich children's lives by providing an atmosphere that promotes development of the whole person.
- The mission of Global Montessori Academy is to provide a unique educational environment to facilitate development of the whole person intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially.
- Our curriculum will foster self-worth, respect for others, and responsibility for all living things within the framework of global consciousness.
- All our classrooms are fully equipped with required Montessori materials.
- GMA is also a certified training site for interns completing their classroom hours.
- As such, the Montessori Education Program International sets the standards for environment layout and requires Master Montessori teacher availability to oversee the work of interns.
- Each classroom has a minimum of one Montessori-trained teacher. A teacher's aid is provided to maintain a good student-teacher ratio.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: PK-6 | 113 students
30 West 51st Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 531-2192 0.6 PK-6
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1156 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 936-1200 0.5 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 125 students
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816) 741-6940 11 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-K | 48 students
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 561-7664 2.3 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.