St John Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
St John Lutheran School Photo #2 - A 5th-grade student begins St. John's home volleyball tournament with prayer.
St John Lutheran School Photo #4 - Older students help to sit with the childcare during chapel services.
St John Lutheran School Photo #5 - St. John's Junior Praise Team, composed of 7th & 8th-grade students, leads chapel music.
- St. John School exists to "Connect people in the heat of Jesus." We strive to prepare our students academically, socially, physically, mentally, but most importantly spiritually for the world around them.
- We begin our day with an all-school prayer. Students are then greeted over the speaker and recite a Bible verse of the week together. Classes engage in daily prayer, religion lessons, scripture memory recitations, and devotions. Chapel services are held once a week.
- Our congregation subsidizes nearly 80% of the cost to educate regardless of the students' church affiliation.
- St. John excels in academics boasting of 3-years running with a school-average MAPs test score at or above the 90th percentile nationally.
- Our students have the opportunity to engage in the athletic arena in the areas of football, volleyball, wrestling, cross country, basketball, and track & field.
- On-site childcare is available from 6:30a.m. to 6:00p.m. via In His Arms Childcare.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,300|
|Tuition Notes||The congregation subsidizes over 80% of the costs for all students.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Football, Track and Field,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lincoln Grades: NS-8 | 378 students
7601 Vine St
Lincoln, NE 68505
(402)486-1860 95.8 NS-8
- Norfolk Grades: PK-8 | 330 students
511 South 5th Street
Norfolk, NE 68701
(402)371-5536 9.5 PK-8
- North Platte Grades: PK-8 | 68 students
1400 East E Street
North Platte, NE 69101
(308)532-6421 173.7 PK-8
I love seeing my son come home talking about Bible stories and getting lost in chapter books. We are blessed that we can send him to a school where his faith can be reinforced and he can have dedicated teachers to push him!
- Posted by Parent - 2nd Grade Parent
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.