St John Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
St John Lutheran School Photo #2 - A 5th-grade student begins St. John's home volleyball tournament with prayer.
St John Lutheran School Photo #4 - Older students help to sit with the childcare during chapel services.
St John Lutheran School Photo #5 - St. John's Junior Praise Team, composed of 7th & 8th-grade students, leads chapel music.
- St. John School exists to "Connect people in the heat of Jesus." We strive to prepare our students academically, socially, physically, mentally, but most importantly spiritually for the world around them.
- We begin our day with an all-school prayer. Students are then greeted over the speaker and recite a Bible verse of the week together. Classes engage in daily prayer, religion lessons, scripture memory recitations, and devotions. Chapel services are held once a week.
- Our congregation subsidizes nearly 80% of the cost to educate regardless of the students' church affiliation.
- St. John excels in academics boasting of 3-years running with a school-average MAPs test score at or above the 90th percentile nationally.
- Our students have the opportunity to engage in the athletic arena in the areas of football, volleyball, wrestling, cross country, basketball, and track & field.
- On-site childcare is available from 6:30a.m. to 6:00p.m. via In His Arms Childcare.
- St. John Lutheran Elementary expansion project - 06/17/2020 - News Channel Nebraska Coverage of St. John's 2020 Expansion Project:
"We`re seeing the growth, and it`s been sustained," said St. John Lutheran Elementary School Principal Nicholas Onnen. "It`s not ...morejust a one-year thing, it`s been something that`s been ongoing for the last 8 years or so, and so we`ve had to accommodate." hide
- St. John’s begins $1.2M expansion to keep up with student enrollment - 06/15/2020 - BATTLE CREEK - Just three years after completing its last remodel, St. John`s Lutheran School is back at it again to accommodate its ever-growing student enrollment. The Battle Creek school ...morehad to convert a computer lab and the principal`s office into a classroom this year because it ran out of room. hide
- School has history of changing with the times - 08/20/2018 - St. John adds an outdoor classroom space for hands-on learning outdoors.
- Battle Creek teacher honored with award - 02/24/2018 - Kindergarten teacher, Cherie Werner, reluctantly accepts Concordia University Master Teacher Award.
- Four Concordia alumni earn LCMS Nebraska District Awards for education and church work - 11/17/2017 - 5th-8th Grade Math & Science teacher accepts LCMS Nebraska District Teacher of the Year Award.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,300|
|Tuition Notes||The congregation subsidizes over 70% of the costs for all students.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Football, Track and Field,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lincoln Grades: PK-8 | 376 students
7601 Vine St
Lincoln, NE 68505
(402)486-1860 95.8 PK-8
- Norfolk Grades: PK-8 | 330 students
511 South 5th Street
Norfolk, NE 68701
(402)371-5536 9.5 PK-8
- North Platte Grades: PK-8 | 62 students
1400 East E Street
North Platte, NE 69101
(308)532-6421 173.7 PK-8
I love seeing my son come home talking about Bible stories and getting lost in chapter books. We are blessed that we can send him to a school where his faith can be reinforced and he can have dedicated teachers to push him!
- Posted by Parent - 2nd Grade Parent
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.