St Joseph School

5.00 5 1 (2 reviews)
Tel: (304)267-6447
previous
next
  • Saint Joseph School was established in 1883 by the Daughters of Charity from Emmitsburg, Maryland.
  • For over 130 years, Saint Joseph School has been providing a faith-filled education to generations of students.
  • Our school is located in the center of Martinsburg, West Virginia, a micropolitan community of the Washington, DC metro area.
  • Saint Joseph School, the only Catholic school in the Eastern Panhandle, serves five Catholic parishes in the Eastern Panhandle and is one of thirty-two schools in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, West Virginia.
  • Currently, Saint Joseph School serves over three hundred students from age two through the Eighth Grade.
  • About 11% of our graduates attend Catholic High School and the remaining 89% attend local public high schools.
  • Our Mission: Saint Joseph School educates the young in the spirit of the Gospel stressing Catholic values, inspiring academic excellence, global awareness, and service to those in need.

School Overview

School Membership(s)School Assoc.National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
AdvancED
Religious AffiliationRoman Catholic
Grades OfferedGrades Prekindergarten-8
Year Founded1883

Student Body

Total Students334 students
Student Body Typen/a
% Students of Color
23%
State avg.: 6%
Students by GradeSt Joseph School Student By Grade

Academics and Faculty

Total Classroom Teachers19 teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio18:1
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
28%
Average Class Size18 students

Finances and Admission

Admission DeadlineNone / Rolling

Sports

Total Sports Offered6 sports
SportsBasketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketballCheering,
Cross CountrySoccer,
TennisVolleyball,
Show me:
People Also ViewedPeople Also Viewed Nearby SchoolsNearby Schools
All Schools High Schools Elementary Schools Preschools
Show me:
  • School Location Miles Grades Students
  • Kearneysville
    Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
    3.9 miles
    449 Rose Hill Drive
    Kearneysville, WV 25430
    (304)725-1438
    3.9 PK-8
    178
  • Martinsburg
    Grades: PK-12 | 87 students
    3.7 miles
    2247 Williamsport Pike
    Martinsburg, WV 25404
    (304)267-6368
    3.7 PK-12
    87
  • Martinsburg
    Grades: PK-12 | 4 students
    3.3 miles
    138 Greensburg Rd
    Martinsburg, WV 25404
    (304)263-0011
    3.3 PK-12
    4
  • Harpers Ferry
    Grades: PK-8 | 59 students
    15.3 miles
    87 Old Taylor Lane
    Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
    (304)535-6355
    15.3 PK-8
    59
  • Inwood
    Grades: 3-12 | 19 students
    6.3 miles
    Po Box 590
    Inwood, WV 25428
    (304)229-2210
    6.3 3-12
    19

School Reviews

  5.00 out of 5  (2 reviews)
5  10/10/2014
Wonderful school with a great school-family community. The teachers really work hard and have the best interest of the students in their hearts. I have a daughter in the Pre-K program right now and a son in the elementary school - it truly is a great place!
- Posted by
5  8/29/2013
Great school! My daughter has been going since Kindergarten and is now in the 6th grade. The values and academics can not be beat.
- Posted by

Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
  • Academic or athletic awards

I am a:

Name or Alias:

Your review:

Endorse this school:
Recent Articles
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Request Information
I am a:      
Email:
Name of parent:
Student First name:
Student Middle name:
Student Last name:
Student date of birth:
Student is:
     
Currently in grade:
Seeking entry for grade:
Target start date:
Name of current school:
School type:
        
Applying for financial aid?:
        
Please describe academic, athletic, and extracurricular interests of the student.:
Address:
City:
Country:
State:
Zip:

(enter "N/A" if not applicable)
Phone:
Did You Know?
The average private school tuition in West Virginia is $3,425 for elementary schools and $5,304 for high schools (read more about average private school tuition across the country).
The average acceptance rate in West Virginia is 90% (read more about average acceptance rates across the country).