St Laurence High School
- Founded in 1961, St. Laurence is a Catholic, college preparatory school conducted by the Congregation of Irish Christian Brothers.
- St. Laurence continues to recognize the needs of a newer generation of students and provides an excellent Christian preparation for life.
- St. Laurence also provides a balanced curriculum that is responsive to the needs of our students while offering up-to-date technology, facilities, labs, and an environment necessary for learning.
- Our success is the direct result of the Christian Brothers, faculty and staff working together.
- The reputation, standards and image of St. Laurence allow us to offer a blend of the very best academic programs, Christian values, athletic programs and social experiences.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||480 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 755 students
6410 S Dante Ave
Chicago, IL 60637
(773)324-1020 9 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 798 students
10001 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60655
(773)429-4300 3.5 9-12
- Arlington Heights Grades: 9-12 | 928 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847)392-4050 26 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 563 students
1852 W 22nd Pl
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)890-6836 8.2 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.