St Mary's Central Grade School
- The Harrison County Catholic School System (St. Mary's) is based on the educational philosophy in which faith, culture, and life are brought into harmony.
- In conjunction with the parents and the community, we educate, spread God's Word, and contribute to the formation of a morally sound and healthy lifestyle among our students.
- West Virginia State Curriculum is taught along with the curriculum objectives of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
- Students participate in the Stanford 9 Achievement Test. St. Mary's School welcomes families who accept the values promoted by Jesus Christ--faith, hope, love, peace, and justice.
- The faculty strives to nurture students in reaching their full potential.
- Together with the family, we share the responsibility of preparing each child for the future, a future with strong Christian values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 7%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clarksburg Grades: 7-12 | 201 students
127 E Pike St
Clarksburg, WV 26301
(304) 623-1026 0 7-12
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-12 | 141 students
225 Newton Ave
Bridgeport, WV 26330
(304) 842-1740 4.2 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.