St Mary's Central Grade School
- The Harrison County Catholic School System (St. Mary's) is based on the educational philosophy in which faith, culture, and life are brought into harmony.
- In conjunction with the parents and the community, we educate, spread God's Word, and contribute to the formation of a morally sound and healthy lifestyle among our students.
- West Virginia State Curriculum is taught along with the curriculum objectives of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
- Students participate in the Stanford 9 Achievement Test. St. Mary's School welcomes families who accept the values promoted by Jesus Christ--faith, hope, love, peace, and justice.
- The faculty strives to nurture students in reaching their full potential.
- Together with the family, we share the responsibility of preparing each child for the future, a future with strong Christian values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 6%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clarksburg Grades: 7-12 | 213 students
127 E Pike St
Clarksburg, WV 26301
(304)623-1026 0 7-12
- Bridgeport Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
225 Newton Ave
Bridgeport, WV 26330
(304)842-1740 4.2 PK-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.