St. Mary Star Of The Sea School
- The mission of St. Mary Star of the Sea School is to provide a quality Catholic education in which students may grow in truth and love.
- St. Mary's exists to provide a Christ-centered atmosphere which nourishes young spirits and educates young minds.
- Through learned Gospel values, this school is a center for life-long learning.
- Its learning environment is directed toward the spiritual, intellectual, and social development as well as the physical well being of each student and family.
- St. Mary's School provides an integrated curriculum that accommodates the diversity of learners in a global society and prepares them for eternal life.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hampton Grades: PK-12 | 432 students
2419 N Armistead Ave
Hampton, VA 23666
(757)838-7427 1.8 PK-12
- Hampton Grades: NS-8 | 557 students
250 Fox Hill Rd
Hampton, VA 23669
(757)851-6292 2.8 NS-8
- Yorktown Grades: PK-12 | 233 students
4209 Big Bethel Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
(757)867-7005 9.7 PK-12
Awesome school one of the best ones I've ever been to so I suggest that you think about joining our family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Caitlyn
After our first year at Saint Mary Star of the Sea School, I can safely say that I don't regret a penny that I spent. This is an amazing school with a warm and welcoming environment. Our oldest who graduated from 8th grade this year wishes he could go back... and this is a kid who never much cared for school until this last year.The teachers have excellent communication with parents and the environment is warm and loving. Not only did my children receive a rigorous education, but they learned, too, the values of self respect, humility, charity and honor. They grew as good citizens and learned so much more than ABC's and 123's. Take a tour of this school. It was certainly the best decision that I ever made for my own children.
- Posted by Parent - MH
My daughter went to this shool since she is 3 years old until now. She learn so much that she can read the entire children book at age 4. All the teachers are friendly, and kind. Over all, the school provide an excellent education. I love this school ! And recommend to parents who have children go to Pk. This shool is the one !
- Posted by Parent - h18ng
Very good academics. Addition of marine science program is outstanding. Teaching the Faith to the children is awesome. Nuns at the school are great! Safe environment, recommend to all.
- Posted by Parent - jpinc
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.