Summit Christian Academy
Summit Christian Academy Photo #2 - HisStory Day celebration at the grammar school. Each class dresses up in a specific period in History that they have been studying throughout the year. Games, a parade, food and special presentations complete the celebration.
Summit Christian Academy Photo #6 - Picture from Summit's spring theater production of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".
- VISION The vision of Summit Christian Academy is to prepare students academically, socially, and spiritually, equipping them to discern truth, articulate their faith, and to serve others for the glory of Jesus Christ.
- MISSION The mission of Summit Christian Academy is to partner with parents to educate and disciple young men and women through a Christian and classical education. Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/scaschools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Processing issues|
|Total Students||233 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1092|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniforms from Land)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||tuition ranges from 5700 - 9000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristen Spitz|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Debate Club, French Club, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We are a classical discipleship school that trains students how to think well. Our students graduate with strong critical thinking skills, the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively both orally and in written form, and with their eyes open to opportunities to serve others.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport News Grades: PK-12 | 655 students
739 Academy Lane
Newport News, VA 23602
(757)884-9100 2.8 PK-12
- Yorktown Grades: PK-8 | 95 students
110 Industry Drive
Yorktown, VA 23693
(757)867-8024 1 PK-8
- Hampton Grades: PK-12 | 432 students
2419 N Armistead Ave
Hampton, VA 23666
(757)838-7427 8 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.