Hampton Roads Academy
Tel: (757) 884-9100
The Mission of Hampton Roads Academy: Hampton Roads Academy prepares students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12 intellectually, artistically, physically and morally for higher education and for life within an inclusive community of service, compassion and excellence.
Hampton Roads Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||630 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Please visit our Curriculum pages for information on 19 AP courses and 11 Honors courses: http://www.hra.org/Page/ACADEMICS/Curriculum|
|Average SAT score||1240|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(JK-8 uniform, 9-12 business casual)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies per Divison. Please call for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Bresee|
|Admissions Associate||Ned Dressel|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||46 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
2nd Start-up, ACappella, Ambassadors Club, Battle of the Books, Big Sis/Little Sis, Book Club, Builders Club, Chat and Doodle, Chess Club, Diabetes Club, Entrepreneur, Equestrian Club, Finance Club, Fine Motor Skills Workout Club, Football Funatics Club, Forensics, French NAHS, GSA, Interior Design, Jets, JITS, Key Club, Kindergarten Chickadee Club, Latin Club, Legos, MarkerSpace, Math Counts Club, Model UN, Mu Alpha, Music Club, NAHS, Newspaper Club, NJHS, Operation Smile, Outreach Club, PEP, Puzzles, Rachel's Challenge, Recycling Club, Roots and Shoots, SCA, Sports FANaddicts, Tri M Music Honor Society, Veterans, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Why Choose Hampton Roads Academy At Hampton Roads Academy you will find an atmosphere of community and learning that is unmatched and unmistakable. While our mission states that we prepare students intellectually, artistically, physically and morally for the rigors of higher education and of life, we do so by living within a culture of honesty, respect, and responsibility. HRA students believe in themselves, find value in others, and carry these sophistications out into the world as they grow. They emerge with the skills and confidence they need to make a difference in a complex and ever-changing world.
- The hallmark of HRA is its cultivation of a community of compassion and excellence that nurtures the whole student. This community is achieved through a top quality academic program, personal attention to each student, and an environment which is safe both physically and emotionally. Every student is encouraged to explore a variety of experiences, academic and extra-curricular, from the science labs, to the playing fields, to the stage. At HRA, each student is valued for, and encouraged to cultivate their individual strengths.
- We welcome your interest in Hampton Roads Academy and are committed to helping all qualified students gain admittance to this outstanding community. Please let us know how we may assist your family!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yorktown Grades: PK-12 | 233 students
4209 Big Bethel Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
(757) 867-7005 2.8 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.