Hampton Roads Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 641 students
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Hampton Roads Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
JK-8 uniform, 9-12 business casual
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
2nd Start-up, ACappella, Ambassadors Club, Battle of the Books, Big Sis/Little Sis, Book Club, Builders Club, Chat and Doodle, Chess Club, Diabetes Club, Entrepreneur, Equestrian Club, Finance Club, Fine Motor Skills Workout Club, Football Funatics Club, Forensics, French NAHS, GSA, Interior Design, Jets, JITS, Key Club, Kindergarten Chickadee Club, Latin Club, Legos, MarkerSpace, Math Counts Club, Model UN, Mu Alpha, Music Club, NAHS, Newspaper Club, NJHS, Operation Smile, Outreach Club, PEP, Puzzles, Rachel's Challenge, Recycling Club, Roots and Shoots, SCA, Sports FANaddicts, Tri M Music Honor Society, Veterans, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Why Choose Hampton Roads Academy? At Hampton Roads Academy you will find an atmosphere of community and learning that is unmatched and unmistakable. While our mission states that we prepare students intellectually, artistically, physically and morally for the rigors of higher education and of life, we do so by living within a culture of honesty, respect, and responsibility. HRA students believe in themselves, find value in others, and carry these sophistications out into the world as they grow. They emerge with the skills and confidence they need to make a difference in a complex and ever-changing world.
- The hallmark of HRA is its cultivation of a community of compassion and excellence that nurtures the whole student. This community is achieved through a top quality academic program, personal attention to each student, and an environment which is safe both physically and emotionally. Every student is encouraged to explore a variety of experiences, academic and extra-curricular, from the science labs, to the playing fields, to the stage. At HRA, each student is valued for, and encouraged to cultivate their individual strengths.
- We welcome your interest in Hampton Roads Academy and are committed to helping all qualified students gain admittance to this outstanding community. Please let us know how we may assist your family!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Hampton Roads Academy?
The acceptance rate of Hampton Roads Academy is 70%, which is lower than the national average of 83%. Hampton Roads Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Virginia with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Hampton Roads Academy offer?
Hampton Roads Academy offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Weightlifting. Hampton Roads Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for most sports offered.
What is Hampton Roads Academy's ranking?
Hampton Roads Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Lowest average acceptance rates, Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Hampton Roads Academy?
The application deadline for Hampton Roads Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Hampton Roads Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards