- The philosophy of St. Matthew School is the development of the whole person.
- This development fosters unity with God's Trinitarian life, to which all people are called.
- Christian discipleship, as outlined in the Gospels and Roman Catholic doctrine, is the heart of our curriculum and the fundamental ideal of all of our efforts.
- Each student is empowered to strive for reverence, spiritual growth, intellectual excellence, emotional maturity, social responsibility and healthy physical development.
- We believe in an integrated approach to education. Our program provides each student with opportunities for Christian collaboration, academic achievement, critical thinking, artistic appreciation and social awareness.
- This enables our students to develop a sense of their unique giftedness, moral responsibility and self-worth as cherished members of God's family.
- Building on our Catholic heritage, our vision is the creation of an affirming and challenging educational environment.
- All members of our culturally diverse population are welcomed, nurtured and valued as images of God.
- In this way, we seek to prepare our students to build the Kingdom of God as contributing members and ministers whose lives manifest the Spirit of Christ in the world.
- As a Christian academic community serving a diverse population, we endeavor to build the Kingdom of God by: fostering a reverence for all life; respecting and affirming the unique giftedness of each child; demonstrating a spirit of Christian collaboration; empowering the children to develop moral values, self-discipline and responsibility; creating an environment in the hopes of instilling a life-long appreciation of learning and critical thinking; and providing opportunities for social awareness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.