St. Matthew School
At St. Matthew School we strive for academic excellence, provide spiritual reinforcement and make service an integral part of student life. These things are modeled and expected daily. Our students leave here well prepared for high school.
Our dedicated staff knows each child by name. They respect and instill in our students the value of discipline, hard work and a love for knowledge. Responsibility, compassion and leadership are acquired through the many activities we offer, such as student council, athletic teams, scouts, and academic enrichment programs. There is a strong sense of community at St. Matthew in which families are part of the educational process.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 168 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,280
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 31%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition rate for 1 child, there is a discount for multiple children
- St. Matthew School provides students with a faith based curriculum designed to achieve academic excellence. Our curriculum consistently passes the rigorous process established by the Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Association. We prepare our students to emerge as successful leaders through the development of the total person. We understand and embrace the importance of integrating technology into the curriculum in our computer lab, with a technology specialist, through Kindles and Smart boards in each classroom. We offer small class sizes, big buddies, sports teams, student council, scouts, spelling and geography bees, battle of the books competitions, gym, library, Spanish, enrichment programs, and music lessons. We have a before and after school program. Our certified, passionate faculty are at the heart of our school and success. Their dedication and expertise is the reason that many of our families send their children here. We work in cooperation with the parents of our students to help them be the best version of themselves. We attend Mass or a prayer service each week, pray daily, and are involved in numerous service projects. Each day we live out our mission...believing every student is a child of God, challenging each to pursue academic excellence and to live the Gospel through worship and service to others.
Endorse St. Matthew School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.