St Matthew School
- At St. Matthew School we strive for academic excellence, provide spiritual reinforcement and make service an integral part of student life. These things are modeled and expected daily. Our students leave here well prepared for high school.
- Our dedicated staff knows each child by name. They respect and instill in our students the value of discipline, hard work and a love for knowledge. Responsibility, compassion and leadership are acquired through the many activities we offer, such as student council, athletic teams, scouts, and academic enrichment programs. There is a strong sense of community at St. Matthew in which families are part of the educational process.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,280|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rate for 1 child, there is a discount for multiple children|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- St. Matthew School provides students with a faith based curriculum designed to achieve academic excellence. Our curriculum consistently passes the rigorous process established by the Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Association. We prepare our students to emerge as successful leaders through the development of the total person. We understand and embrace the importance of integrating technology into the curriculum in our computer lab, with a technology specialist, through Kindles and Smart boards in each classroom. We offer small class sizes, big buddies, sports teams, student council, scouts, spelling and geography bees, battle of the books competitions, gym, library, Spanish, enrichment programs, and music lessons. We have a before and after school program. Our certified, passionate faculty are at the heart of our school and success. Their dedication and expertise is the reason that many of our families send their children here. We work in cooperation with the parents of our students to help them be the best version of themselves. We attend Mass or a prayer service each week, pray daily, and are involved in numerous service projects. Each day we live out our mission...believing every student is a child of God, challenging each to pursue academic excellence and to live the Gospel through worship and service to others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Creek Grades: PK-12 | 121 students
8519 South 13th Street
Oak Creek, WI 53154
(414)301-9319 3.9 PK-12
- Greendale Grades: PK-8 | 471 students
6000 W Loomis Rd
Greendale, WI 53129
(414)421-1760 7.9 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: K-8 | 339 students
4224 W Ruby Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)871-1224 16.4 K-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
5140 N 55th St
Milwaukee, WI 53218
(414)438-2745 17.5 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 260 students
2450 W Roosevelt Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)444-9050 15.9 PK-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?