St Michael's School
- St. Michael's School was established in 1956 to provide a challenging academic education integrated with Catholic values and morals, which will promote self-discipline, social responsibility, and a life-long enthusiasm for learning.
- St. Michael's strives to encourage the love and respect of all people by providing students with opportunities for serving others in school, church and community to prepare the students to become productive members of our changing society.
- St. Micheal's School provides opportunities for students to develop, demonstrate and share their individual talents and gifts from God.
- A safe and supportive environment, St. Michael's includes strong family support to ensure students' educational success.
- The curriculum encourages students to reach their full potential through high expectations and quality education.
- Our Christian community provides instruction in the Catholic faith, morals and tradition, as well as opportunities for prayer, self-sacrifice and celebration of the Sacraments.
- At St. Michael's students develop a sense of personal responsibility for their own behavior and learning based on Catholic moral teaching.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning differences are supported on-site when possible through the local public school system|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki, navy or black pants and red, white or navy polo shirts or school designated t-shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||5th-8th Band, and Musical Vibes, Student Council|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to St Michael's School is Spalding Academy (18.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spalding Grades: PK-12 | 89 students
130 W Marguerite St
Spalding, NE 68665
(308)497-2103 18.5 PK-12
- Lindsay Grades: PK-12 | 114 students
301 Pine St.
Lindsay, NE 68644
(402)428-3215 20.1 PK-12
- Elgin Grades: 7-12 | 68 students
303 Remington St.
Elgin, NE 68636 20.3 7-12
- Elgin Grades: PK-6 | 71 students
303 Remington St.
Elgin, NE 68636
(402)843-5325 20.9 PK-6
- Humphrey Grades: PK-12 | 233 students
300 S 7th St
Humphrey, NE 68642
(402)923-0818 26.8 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.