St. Michaels School & Nursery Inc
St. Michael's School and Nursery is committed to the growth and support of children's development in mind, body, character and spirit. We provide exemplary and affordable early education and childcare in a nurturing atmosphere. St. Michel's welcomes all children. Since its founding in 1890, St. Michael’s has evolved from being primarily a childcare agency to a premier school for early childhood education in Wilmington, Delaware. It is a caring and stimulating environment and campus designed for the way young children play and learn. We offer: Year-round school
Degreed, caring faculty Foreign languages, fitness and the arts
Low student/faculty ratio Nutritious meals and snacks
Spacious, modern and secure campus Financial assitance Rolling enrollment
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Classroom Dress Code
(Primary division khaki, white, navy)
(Primary division khaki, white, navy)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Full-day, full-year tuition ranges from $740/month for newborns to $585/month for Kindergarten
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
- St. Michael's School and Nursery welcomes all children and values diversity by maintaining a clientele representative of the full socio-economic spectrum of the community. We believe that all children carry the potential for success in school and life. We strive to ensure that children’s curiosity, intelligence, value system and physical potential are optimized. We believe that a strong home-school partnership creates a structure in which children thrive.
- Our academic program is offered to all age groups by appropriate age and developmental stage. The curriculum is based in the philosophies of Piaget, Froebel, Montessori, Eriksson, Gesell and other important leaders in the field of early education. Language arts, math, motor skills, science, social studies and a wide variety of cultural activities and the arts are all part of our curriculum. St. Michael’s implements the Core Knowledge curriculum for early primary school which is aligned with the national common core standards. It outlines a cumulative and coherent progression of knowledge and skills in all developmental areas and integrates developmentally- appropriate practices for both content and instruction for Preschool – Grade 8. With a strong focus on challenging but appropriate content, the Core Knowledge sequence is unique among early childhood programs.The Core Knowledge curriculum establishes a strong foundation for teaching students 21st Century skills such as independence, self-esteem, complex thinking and problem solving skills, leadership, strong moral values and a lifelong thirst for knowledge. Through St. Michael’s developmental approach, each child is given the opportunity to progress to the next group at an individual pace physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
I''m interested in working as a volunteer at your school. I''m able to offer 2-3 days a week and work were needed. Please contact at the above e-mail address.
Endorse St. Michaels School & Nursery Inc. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.