St Nicholas Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
- The St. Nicholas School community of parents, students, and educators is committed to the teaching of Catholic truths and values and the fostering of life-long learning.
- We provide the spiritual, academic and physical foundations on which the whole child can build toward success.
- St. Nicholas School is dedicated to providing a values-centered learning environment that shows children the way to witness the reality of the Risen Christ.
- The Gospel message is the core of our educational process.
- It guides our students to develop into articulate, participatory members of their community.
- The faculty and staff recognize the parents as the primary educators of their children and strive to support and complement them in this role.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is different dependent on grade level $8,500 is average|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Endowment Size||$1.2 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama/Theater, Mandarin Chinese
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The St. Nicholas School community of parents, students, and educators is committed to the teaching of Catholic truths and values and the fostering of life-long learning. We provide the spiritual, academic and physical foundations on which the whole child can build toward success. St. Nicholas School is dedicated to providing a values-centered learning environment that shows children the way to witness the reality of the Risen Christ. The Gospel message is the core of our educational process. It guides our students to develop into articulate, participatory members of their community. The faculty and staff recognize the parents as the primary educators of their children and strive to support and complement them in this role.
- People that viewed St Nicholas Elementary School also viewed these schools: St Margaret Mary Catholic School.
We love St. Nicholas Catholic School! The academics are fantastic; the school is a Blue Ribbon School! The classes all have dedicated aides, so the teacher student ratio is something around 1:12, so there's a lot of small group learning and individualized attention. Even in the lower grades the kids are doing cross-disciplinary projects. They have a reading specialist for the lower grades who is just amazing. I love so many of the teachers. There's also music, art, and physical education, two fantastic science teachers with a great science lab, and a dedicated technology teacher with a brand-new technology center. They've just gone to 1:1 tablets for all grades. The academic focus really pays off - St. Nicholas kids go to terrific high schools (and ultimately colleges), with something like a 99%+ acceptance rate at St. Francis and something similar at Bellarmine College Prep, as well as many of the other Catholic High schools in the area. In addition to academics, St. Nicholas is an amazing community. There's a real emphasis on loving one another. Their buddy system (where a kindergartener is paired with a 4th grader, they will be buddies for the next 4 years) really fosters bonds between upper & lower grades from the beginning. They have a program for the older kids to help manage playground conflict. The kids regularly participate in community service projects. They all know one another; the big kids are really kind and really do know the little ones. And when we go to the grocery store or downtown Los Altos or Mountain View, and we see St. Nicholas folks - and we say hello, and sometimes stop and talk.
- Posted by Parent - aesti
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.