St Pius X Elementary School
Tel: (401) 596-5735
- School Mission Statement: St. Pius X School is a small, Catholic coeducational school serving students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through eight from Westelry, RI and the surrounding area.
- We are a community of students, staff, principal, parents, volunteers, and parish working together with Jesus, Our Saviour, as our model.
- Our educational program, grounded in the basics, promotes the academic achievement of each student within a structured environment.
- A commmitment to social responsibility and community service is fostered through the sharing of our gifts.
- Together, we are a family of learners growing in the spirit of Jesus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,750|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K tuition is $4,000 for 5 day full day|
|Admissions Director||Sharon Fiest|
- St. Pius X School is a small Catholic coeducational school serving students in grades Kindergarten through Eight from Westerly, Rhode Island and the surrounding areas. We are a community of students, staff, principal, parents, volunteers, and parish working together with Jesus, our Savior, as our model. We believe that both teachers and students should embrace the power of prayer and practice their Catholic faith. We believe that students should be life-long learners and that learning should be a partnership between students and teachers. Our role as teachers is to facilitate the student's learning experience; encourage and challenge young minds; foster a cooperative learning experience; and prepare students to think as problem solvers. We believe that, as teachers, we must build an awareness of students' responsibilities and encourage their fulfillment so that each child is challenged to succeed. These successes should occur in a warm, nurturing atmosphere that accepts people as they are and where students experience a strong sense of belonging.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.