St. Stephen Christian Academy
Tel: (404) 305-0161
St. Stephen Christian Academy is Accredited with Quality by the Georgia Accreditation Commission and was established in 2013 in East Point, Georgia and serves grades K-8. The school has a dual curriculum program that is high quality, high level, and accelerated, which through diagnostic testing, meet the student at their skill mastery.
The curriculum includes the Biblically based Accelerated Christian Education "School of Tomorrow" and Common Core, both delivers and emcompasses all content areas.
As mastery- based, each student has his/her own individualized percription and progresses at their own rate of learning.
The Academy is a non-denominational Christian school, which strives to provide a sound academic education based on Christian principles and is committed to providing students with an opportunity for excellence in developmental and academic training from kindergarten through middle school. The child who accelerates is not delayed by a child who performs at a lesser pace; likewise, the child who learns differently is not left behind.
All instruction in reading is based on the phonics method.
St. Stephen Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Behavior|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Wilhelmina Shanks|
|Admissions Associate||Pamela Patterson|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field
- St. Stephen Christian Academy was established and Accredited with Quality in 2013 as an independent Christian co-educational day school, to address the needs of the whole child and to promote his spiritual and moral growth, academic and intellectual progress, and physical and social development. At St. Stephen Christian Academy, we realize it is the Christian home to which God has given authority and power to train up successful young people, it is our goal to assist the home in this training proves. We will develop them to their fullest potential in all areas of life, working closely with parents to train the whole child; training Christian youth in the highest principles of leadership, self-discipline, and respect.
- Additionally, the educational concept of St. Stephen Christian Academy was built on five basic laws of learning:
- 1. Students must be at subject levels where they can perform.
- 2. Students must set reasonable goals.
- 3. Students must be controlled and motivated.
- 4. Learning must be measurable.
- 5. Learning must be rewarded.
- The school currently holds enrollment for students from Kindergarten to 8th grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 40 students
2295 Benjamin E Mays Dr
Atlanta, GA 30311
(404) 963-1713 3.2 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 109 students
3911 Campbellton Rd Sw
Atlanta, GA 30331
(404) 346-2080 7.1 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-10 | 125 students
4902 N 22nd St
Tampa, FL 33610
(813) 231-9177 411.2 PK-10
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.