Black Star Educational Institute
- Black Star Educational Institute (BSEI) is Reinventing the Educational Wheel! The programs offered at this school are geared to make sure students are prepared for life, not just college.
- Students will see College or Trade School as a stepping stone to their career, and will apprentice and gain real world experience as a part of their educational program, beginning when they can read and write.
- Through an Early College Prep Program, Career & Life Preparation Initiatives, and Character Development Programs, students at BSEI will be better students, children, citizens, and community members.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alysia Suguri Dumas|
|Admissions Associate||Ifetayo Condoll|
- Project Based
- Critical Thinking Based Curriculum
- International Curriculum Materials
- Aviation Program
- Foreign Language & Culture Immersion
- Individualized Learning Plans
- Life Tracking (from college to beyond)
- SAT & ACT Prep
- Traditional African Culture as a basis for Character Development
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: NS-12 | 203 students
1312 Knotts Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30344
(404)281-3667 2.6 NS-12
- Atlanta Grades: 6-12 | 149 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
(770)394-8177 20.2 6-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 287 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 5.1 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.