Black Star Educational Institute
- Black Star Educational Institute (BSEI) is Reinventing the Educational Wheel! The programs offered at this school are geared to make sure students are prepared for life, not just college.
- Students will see College or Trade School as a stepping stone to their career, and will apprentice and gain real world experience as a part of their educational program, beginning when they can read and write.
- Through an Early College Prep Program, Career & Life Preparation Initiatives, and Character Development Programs, students at BSEI will be better students, children, citizens, and community members.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alysia Suguri Dumas|
|Admissions Associate||Ifetayo Condoll|
- Project Based
- Critical Thinking Based Curriculum
- International Curriculum Materials
- Aviation Program
- Foreign Language & Culture Immersion
- Individualized Learning Plans
- Life Tracking (from college to beyond)
- SAT & ACT Prep
- Traditional African Culture as a basis for Character Development
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: NS-12 | 203 students
1312 Knotts Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30344
(404)281-3667 2.6 NS-12
- Atlanta Grades: 6-12 | 149 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
(770)394-8177 20.2 6-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 287 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 5.1 K-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.