Atlanta International School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (404) 841-3840
Atlanta International School Photo #5 - Upper School Fall Production "Your a Good Man, Charlie Brown"
Atlanta International School Photo #7 - Students take part in Annual Primary School United Nations Day parade.
- As the innovator of a global curriculum for future leaders, AIS offers a program of academic excellence to American and international students, beginning with three-year-old kindergarten and culminating in grade 12 with the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1,313 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||165 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code reflecting self-respect and respect for the school community outlined by grade level)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,600|
|Tuition Notes||$23,932 3K-4 $26,014 5-8 $27,320 9-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,210|
|Admissions Director||Reid Mizell|
|Admissions Associate||Olga Nobleton|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
- Atlanta International School doesn`t just prepare students for college-it gives them the intellectual and cultural confidence to succeed in a globally connected world. AIS was the dream of parents, educators and members of the business community who understood and valued the benefits of an international education. Today, AIS is the only school in Georgia, and one of only a handful of schools in the U.S., to offer an International Baccalaureate education in grades 3K12. The prestigious IB program, the fastest-growing curriculum in the world, is a rigorous, inquiry-based curriculum recognized by the world`s most renowned universities and colleges. AIS graduates pursue higher education at top-100 ranked U.S. schools and universities around the globe. The school is widely considered to be a major asset to the city of Atlanta in attracting foreign investment and business.
- Located in Buckhead, AIS is fully accredited by the International Baccalaureate, Council of International Schools and AdvanceEd. Current enrollment stands at 1,160 students in 3K through grade 12. Our families are approximately 50% local and 50% percent international. The AIS community of students, parents, faculty and staff represent over 90 countries around the world. Early Learning Center students (Grades 3K & 4K) follow a full-immersion curriculum in French, German or Spanish. Primary students (Grades 5K-5) follow a bilingual curriculum of English plus French, German or Spanish. The school offers a full complement of notable extracurricular activities, including an award-winning performing arts program. For more information, call the school at 404-841-3840 or go to www.aischool.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: NS-12 | 787 students
215 Chastain Park Ave
Atlanta, GA 30342
(404) 252-8389 3 NS-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1128 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404) 262-1345 2.6 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1894 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404) 609-6202 3.3 K-12
We have four children ranging from K through upper school--this is an amazing school and it has kept our family in Atlanta way longer than we ever expected when we first moved here ten years ago. I recommend the school without reservation. It is a unique school and community. Incredibly caring.
- Posted by Parent - International Family
An incredible school in general, specializing in making real life relations with topics students learn, and also, as I was learning here, I felt truly immersed in the learning, in the sense of understanding.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Le Chat Noir
Outstanding academics in a caring, nurturing enviornment. Excellent college placement record, and students who are confident in themselves, committed to service and successful
- Posted by Parent - pjone
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?