The Lovett School
- The Lovett School seeks to develop young men and women of honor, faith, and wisdom with the character and intellect to thrive in college and in life.
- Founded in 1926 by Eva Edwards Lovett, we continue today as an Atlanta independent school serving children in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- Lovett provides integrated experiences in academics, arts, athletics, and service.
- The curriculum includes a full range of honors and Advanced Placement courses.
- The school fields 68 competitive teams in 16 sports. Lovett operates within the Judeo-Christian tradition, and a nondenominational chapel service is held weekly for all students. Lovett seeks students from all ethnic, cultural, racial, and religious backgrounds who can benefit from a challenging academic program.
The Lovett School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1673 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||197 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French, Latin, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics C, Spanish, Spanish Language & Culture Immersion, Spanish Literature, Statistics, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,530|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $25,400 - $29,530|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Janie Beck|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||35 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||CAP (Confronting Atlanta's Poverty), Model Arab League|
Club or Organization:
Academic Team, Asian Culture, Baking Club, Chess, Cooking, Creative Writing, Equestrian Club, F.I.F.A. Federation Internationale de Football, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French Club, Green Team, Habitat for Humanity, Hip-Hop Club, Homeless Pet Foundation, Interfaith Club, Math Club, Medical Science Club, Mountain Biking Club, Newspaper, Operation I Care, Outdoor Club, Quiz Bowl, Speech & Debate, Student Council, Student Technology Leadership Team, Teens Against Prejudice, Vestry, Yearbook, Young Libertarians Club, Youths Serving Atlanta
Arts and Music Programs:
Lovett Filmmakers Club, The Music Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Water Polo Team
- The Lovett School is an independent, coeducational day school serving children from Kindergarten through Grade 12. The school was established in 1926 by Mrs. Eva Edwards Lovett, an innovative educator who emphasized the development of the whole child. She began the school with just 20 boys and girls in Grades 1-3 at a former home, and today Lovett has more than 1,600 students from 70 different zip codes and 11 counties in the metropolitan area.
- The school continually affirms Eva Edwards Lovett`s founding vision of a progressive education rooted in learning, character, and community. Our mission is to graduate young men and women of honor, faith, and wisdom and prepare them to succeed in college and as responsible citizens of the world. We support this mission by offering our students integrated experiences in academics, arts, athletics, and service. Through these experiences, we seek to develop the whole child.
- As a college-preparatory institution, our coursework is strong, and creative and critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and a love of learning are major objectives. Our curriculum includes a required year of American Studies; options for African, Asian, and gender studies; and organic and biochemistry. We were one of the first schools in Georgia to offer the AP Chinese exam, the culmination of a Chinese studies program that begins in the Lower School. In addition, we offer a one-to-one laptop program in Grades 4-9, and single-gender classes in Grades 6-8. The Upper School offers 29 honors and 19 advanced placement courses, and all of Lovett's graduates are admitted to four-year colleges from coast to coast and internationally. Our faculty is committed to ongoing professional development and using best practices in their teaching. They strive to be positive role models and are dedicated to encouraging and supporting students in the pursuit of excellence. The average faculty teaching experience is 18 years.
- Outside the classroom, Lovett encourages our students to discover themselves through the arts and athletics. The statistics bear this out: More than 90 percent of our student body participates in a Fine Arts activity during the year, and close to 80 percent of students in Grades 7-12 are members of at least one sports team.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1868 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)609-6202 1.3 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1115 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)262-1345 2 K-12