Located in historic Chastain Park, The Galloway School is a community where learning is joyful, individuals are valued, and self-discovery is encouraged.
Galloway students in grades Pre-K3 - 12 confidently embrace challenges while developing the knowledge, skills, and cultural competence to thrive as enlightened contributors in their chosen pathways.
- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 26
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Pre-Kindergarten $19,125 Kindergarten through Fourth Grade $28,000 Fifth through Eighth Grades $30,765 Ninth through Twelfth Grades $32,725
Total Sports Offered
- Located in historic Chastain Park, The Galloway School is a community where learning is joyful, individuals are valued, and self-discovery is encouraged. Galloway students in grades Pre-K3 - 12 confidently embrace challenges while developing the knowledge, skills, and cultural competence to thrive as enlightened contributors in their chosen pathways.
- Galloway is more than a school; it is a learning experience that is truly unique. With a focus on student-centered, inquiry-based learning and our commitment to fostering creativity, collaboration, and cultural competency, Galloway just feels different.
- Founded in 1969 on the belief that school should inspire students to become lifelong learners, Galloway`s philosophy of engaged, experiential learning creates an environment of high expectations with low anxiety. With dedicated faculty members guiding every step of your student`s journey, a Galloway education is unlike any other.
- Galloway is accredited by and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), the Georgia Independent School Association (GISA), the Atlanta Area Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS) and the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC). For more information, visitGallowaySchool.org.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does The Galloway School offer?
The Galloway School offers 13 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball. The Galloway School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for most sports offered.
What is The Galloway School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Galloway School?
The application deadline for The Galloway School is Jan. 26.
I have decided to go to this school next year. Looks awesome!
The Galloway School is Atlanta's best-kept secret. I have two children in Middle Learning (middle school) who love going to school every day. When asked about school, they respond that learning is fun, it's a safe place to try new things, the kids are welcoming and it feels like home. As a parent, I have observed such a special community of teachers, parents, and kids. The teachers encourage the kids to be accountable for their work and actions. They are focused on the "game of learning" rather than the "game of school" so that they will be lifelong learners with intellectual curiosity. The teachers are very involved in each student's learning and success.
Endorse The Galloway School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.