- In 1958, an interfaith group of community leaders envisioned a stimulating learning environment open to fresh ideas and debate. From their vision, Pace Academy was born.
- We'd like to think that our school community today is exactly what our founders had in mind.
- With 1,110 students in Pre-First through 12th grade and a 9:1 student-teacher ratio, Pace focuses on developing each child`s passions and strengths through academics, athletics and the arts.
- But we also understand that education today is more complicated than the three As; it`s about providing global perspectives in the classroom and an integrated experience before and after the bell rings.
- That`s why we emphasize Judeo-Christian values and why building character is at the heart of everything we do.
- Pace students, guided by our outstanding faculty and staff, develop a deep understanding of the world and the people around them through initiatives such as our Isdell Center for Global Leadership.
- Our graduates want to be successful, and they realize that true success means making a positive difference.
- Because of our founders` ability to THINK BIG, we now create prepared, confident citizens of the world who do the same.
Pace Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004|
|Total Students||1115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||156 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,760|
|Tuition Notes||$25,800 for grades Pre-First-five; $29,715 for grades six-12|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer McGurn|
|Admissions Associate||Fe Patriciu (Middle School)|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Cum Laude Society, Debate Team, Diversity Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Green Team, High Q Team, International Student Alliance, Investment Club, Jewish Student Union, Junior Classical League, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Middle School Clubs, Model UN, National Honor Society, Peer Leadership, Pep Band, Pep Club, Robotics Team, Service Learning, Social Entrepreneurship, Spanish Club, Student Advisory Board, Student Council, Women Mentoring Women, Young Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Theatre, Vocal Ensembles
- Founded in 1958, Pace Academy, educates 1,110 students in grades Pre-First through 12. The average Upper School class size is 13, and the average whole-school student teacher ratio is 9:1. The faculty averages 16 years of teaching experience, nine years at Pace. Pace was one of Atlanta's first schools to integrate community engagement into the curriculum and make it a graduation requirement. In 2014, Pace Academy launched the Isdell Center for Global Leadership (ICGL), which provides a global education for every graduate. This past year, 230 Lower, Middle, and Upper School students traveled on 15 international and domestic ICGL study tours.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1868 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)609-6202 0.8 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1673 students
4075 Paces Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)262-3032 2 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 798 students
215 Chastain Park Ave
Atlanta, GA 30342
(404)252-8389 2.2 PK-12