Holy Innocents' Episcopal School
5.00 (1 review)
Holy Innocents' Episcopal School Photo #2 - If you are a student ready to discover everything except your limits, if you are a parent who wants your child to have the intellectual guidance, physical direction and spiritual sustenance he or she will need to grow and thrive, we want to speak to you!
- Founded in 1959, HIES is a fully-accredited,college-preparatory day school that offers motivated boys and girlsan enriching and challenging program based on the Episcopaleducation tradition of inclusion, global exploration and respectfor self and others.
- In addition to a rigorous academic program, HIES offers manystudent programs in the fine arts, media literacy, athletics,global education and community service as integral to eachstudent's development.
- Holy Innocents` students aren`t scholarsorathletesorartistsorservant-leaders;rather, they are all of these things and more. In an age ofever-increasing specialization, we seek to develop Renaissancestudents, equipped to meet the wide-ranging needs of a complex,interconnected world.
Holy Innocents' Episcopal School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost dependent on program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||1341 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||160 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, English Language, English Literature, French, Human Geography, Latin, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology, Spanish, Studio Art (2D), Studio Art (3D), Studio Art (Drawing); European History, U.S. Govt. & Politics, U.S. History, World Hi|
|Average SAT score||1405|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,870|
|Tuition Notes||PK3: $11,380; PK4: $13,370 K: $23,090; Lower School (1st-5th grades): $23,690 Middle and Upper School (6th-12th grades): $27,870|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Beth-Sarah Wright|
|Admissions Associate||Andrew Mack|
|Endowment Size||$25.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Diving, Drill Team,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Holy Innocents' Episcopal is the largest parish Episcopalschoolin the nation and the only PK3-12th grade Episcopal SchoolinGeorgia. We are a Christian school that serves students ofallfaiths, committed to the challenging academic Episcopaltraditionsof intellectual inquiry, social justice, globaleducation, servicelearning and physical development.Ourstudents aren't justscholarsorathletes or studentleadersorartists. They are all ofthese things andmore. Through a broad, diverse and rigorouscurriculum, theybecomeempathetic,enthusiastic,andopen-mindedlearnersto serve as catalysts for change in theworld.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: 7-12 | 1080 students
3790 Ashford Dunwoody Road Ne
Atlanta, GA 30319
(770)457-7201 4.7 7-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1673 students
4075 Paces Ferry Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)262-3032 4.1 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1115 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)262-1345 4 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1868 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404)609-6202 4.3 K-12
First year at HIES in ninth grade, and so far we love it. My son knew by the end of the first week that he liked his new school, and we knew we had made the right selection from several acceptances. The teachers and support of the Deans and Administration make this a wonderful school. The academics are challenging, but there is plenty of individual support when extra help is needed. Overall a good group of kids that have welcomed the new students.
- Posted by Parent - Jmw12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.