St. Teresa of Avila Catholic School
- St. Teresa School opened its doors in September 1957 to grades one through six.
- The school has expanded over its fifty plus years and we now offer academic excellence for students in preschool through eighth grades.
- Approximately 250 students attend our preschool through Eighth Grade.
- Our kindergarten class is a full day program. St. Teresa School is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- The school received an exemplary review with a certification term of 6 years in 2015. The Diocese of Reno Curriculum Standards and Best Practices for Teaching Religion guide our religious education curriculum.
- These documents provide a course of study that serves as a primary scope and sequence for St. Teresa of Avila Catholic School.
- The religious series, Blest Are We, is used in grades Kindergarten through 8th grades.
- The school also uses the Common Core State Standards from Nevada in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Technology, and Physical Education as a base for our curriculum.
- Our teachers reach well beyond the minimum state standards.
- Emphasis is placed on religion, language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Many Learning Differences Supported. Please contact the principal.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,950|
|Tuition Notes||Discounted rate available for parishioners. Sibling discount offered. Financial Aid Program and Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christina Lawson|
|Admissions Associate||Shannon Segale|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Extended Day Program, Missoula Children's Theatre|
Club or Organization:
Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Math Enrichment, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Program, Talent Show
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Annual Track Meet, Skiing Program
- To ensure a top level education and positive experience for our students, St. Teresa uses the latest teaching methods:
- Rotating middle school classes emphasize an integrated curriculum that reinforces subject matter throughout all content areas
- Accelerated Reading and Mathematics programs
- Electives are offered in the areas of art, music, sports, technology, and drama
- Art, music, drama, Spanish and physical education programs for all grades
- Eighth grade life skills training, focused on fostering positive decision-making skills and self-esteem
- Daily religious education focusing on Scriptures, Catholic teachings and values and their application in student and family life
- Classroom buddies which partner elementary students with middle school students to assist in social, religious and educational activities, bolstering self-confidence and enhancing unity among all classes in the school
Thanks to a grant received from the E.L. Wiegand Foundation, in 2008 we opened the E.L. Wiegand Knowledge Center which includes:
- State of the art science lab with 26 laptops, Promethean board, incubator, telescope, Van Da Graff Generator, all inclusive science kits for life science, physics, genetics and electronics, a hydroponics lab and microscopes
- Computer lab with 30 workstations and laptops.
- Comprehensive library with 6 computers and software programs to evaluate student reading levels and comprehension skills
- Student computers in all classrooms and audio enhancers available to enable students to hear instruction with minimal distraction
- Technology in the classroom: Grades 4 - 8 have 1:1 devices. Every student is issued a Chromebook. Each classroom Kindergarten through 3rd has a cart of ipads for each student.
- My Access computer program is used to reinforce proficiency in writing skills Interactive projectors in every classroom
- Accelerated Reader used to assess reading level and comprehension.
- Document camera in Kindergarten and 1st grades
- Approximately 250 students attend our preschool school classes through Eighth Grade.
- Smart Interactive Projectors or Smart Whiteboards in every classrooms
Our kindergarten class is a full day program. St. Teresa School
is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA)
and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The school
received an exemplary review with a certification term of 6
The school is on a traditional school year schedule. The school year begins the end of August and ends within the first two weeks of June. Instructional hours for all classes are from 8:25 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. School uniforms are required.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-K | 124 students
4320 Channel 10 Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
(702)732-0012 330.4 PK-K
My wife and I love this school. Beginning with the pre-school and continuing in elementary school, our children are growing and learning, not only in traditional course work, but in being kind, considerate, and thoughtful young ladies. I attribute this to administrative and teaching staff who share these same values. This school is where parent involvement is not only very high, but expected by fellow parents, the principal, as well as the teaching staff. Where, as parents, we are given the opportunity and encouragement (by the principal and teachers) to make a significant difference in our children's education.
- Posted by Parent - Tyoun
The quality of teachers at this school is amazing. They are highly certified and create a fun learning atmosphere. My children love going to school and have a great sense of belonging here. The families are all very involved and are included in all aspects of the school. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a highly academic, safe and supportive preschool- 8th grade experience.
- Posted by Parent - ginag