St Xavier Catholic School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Thank you for your interest in Saint Xavier School and congratulations for considering the gift of private education for your child.
- The gift of a religious education is something that will nurture your child's mind, body and soul.
- The values and standards that are taught in our school foster a child's development and last a lifetime.
- Our school is fully accredited, maintains high academic standards, and is pleased to offer class sizes that are much smaller than the national average.
- Through our dynamic curriculum, our students are often challenged academically, transformed spiritually, and enriched through service opportunities.
- Saint Xavier takes great measures and pride in helping each individual student discover, develop and celebrate their natural gifts.
- We encourage you to read through our profile and visit our website.
- It will give you a glimpse into the faith, academics, and service that our school is so well known for.
St Xavier Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The cost of tuition varies for each family. We offer multi-child discounts and financial aid. All tuition rates are listed on our website.|
|Admissions Director||Rosie Kane|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alter Servers, Boy Scouts, Diversity (Catholic Youth Organization), ECO Team, Forensics, Future Business Leaders of America, Girl Scouts, National Honor Society, Scholars Bowl, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Welcome to Saint Francis Xavier Catholic School. Saint Xavier School has been educating students since 1871 and is a place rich in tradition, and heavily invested in faith and family. With the help of the faculty, staff and parents, Saint Xavier is a nurturing, supporting environment where we educate our children for the world of tomorrow, as the students grow in God's love. Saint Xavier School welcomes students of every religious belief, race and ethnic origin. Classes are offered from preschool through twelfth grade. With several options for preschoolers and a full-day kindergarten, our students embark on an academic journey that affords them the security of a familiar community during their most formative years. It is our purpose to offer an outstanding education to preschool, elementary, middle and high school students in an atmosphere that promotes the growth of each child's mind, body and spirit. Combining deep-rooted traditions and up to date best practices, we are dedicated to equipping children with the tools necessary to be successful in the 21st century. Our numerous opportunities to participate in sports and diverse organizations serve to instill self confidence; allegiance and help students recognize their God-given talents. The results of these efforts produce individuals who are responsible, effective communicators, problem solvers and life-long learners. Combined with outstanding academics, Saint Xavier students receive an authentic education that nurtures their spirit and heart. Participating in daily student-led school-wide prayer, daily religion classes and weekly Masses, our students learn to cherish their faith. Service to our community is an integral component to our educational program and a valued part of our school curriculum. Thank you for your interest in St. Xavier Catholic School. I would like to personally invite you to visit our campus, come to know the sense of community and consider the exceptional educational program that we offer. Russell Swisher, Principal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Junction City Grades: PK-12 | 118 students
2512 Rucker Rd
Junction City, KS 66441
(785)238-6413 3.2 PK-12
- Manhattan Grades: PK-8 | 306 students
306 S Juliette Ave
Manhattan, KS 66502
(785)565-5050 17.6 PK-8
We started our son here to begin high school. We now just wished we would have enrolled him sooner. Most importantly though, he loves it at St Xavier. The class sizes are quite small (about 10-11) so every student gets more than sufficient attention from the teachers and we are very pleased with the curriculum they offer. They have a great basketball program for both the boys and the girls. And if your child is interested in band, St Xavier has a fantastic program. They have a lot of other activities as well and our son stays busy with many of them. Just an overall great school. If you are looking for schools in the area, start at St. Xavier and you will likely be back.
- Posted by Parent - keith
My name is julio acosta senior and I attended this school from pre-k until 5th grd and it was the best school I ever went to.I was there from 1990-1998 I made my first ccommunion and I was an altar boy for father Albert. My pre-k teachers were miss rubash and miss whitaker. Kindergarten was Mrs rosie kane.1st grd was mrs millard. 2nd grd was ms. saxer who got married that year and then became mrs klimak.3rd grd was mrs anguiano, 4th grd and my favorite teacher of all time tied with mrs klimak was mrs beatty:D n 5th grd was mrs cokefield . My p.e. teacher was coach steppe. Mt religion teachers was mrs cardimone.I''m still friends with Almost every class mate I had fr there.we all grew up together in a smaller classroom and became family. Rest In ParadIse Daniel becker ak As dan the man I miss u brother
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mr.ye
St. Xavier Catholic School offers a Christ-centered environment where Christian values are taught, modeled, learned and lived. In addition to daily prayer, weekly masses and prayer services, we offer a religious education rooted in Catholic tradition, and challenge students to put their "faith in action" by sharing their time and talents in the community around them. Although I do not have children currently attending St. Xavier, my daughters did attend from preschool through 12th grades. My daughter, who lives in Junction City, plans to send her daughter to St. Xavier when she is old enough for preschool. What a great testimony to a wonderful school!
- Posted by Administrator - kinde
We love this school and miss it so much. We have three children who went to Saint Xavier and loved it. The class sizes are small and the teacher are great. They take the time to work with the children and give just a little more if they need it. It was awesome to see how much the kids have grown and how much they have learned. It was also nice to see the old kids come into the younger classrooms and help teach or just help the students. One thing we loved, was the kids learning about God and how fun the teacher made the lessons. They also loved going to church with all there friends. We were very blessed to be stationed at Fort Riley and find so love in one school and in the church.
- Posted by Parent - crys_
Saint Xavier School is a fantastic school all around. The strong Catholic atmosphere is truly complimented by the excellence in academics. The class sizes are very small, so that students can receive the attention they need to achieve their personal best. It is a very diverse school that is full of military children, and students of all backgrounds and various religions. The school is full of experienced teachers who genuinely care about their students and excellence in education. The small school allows for a strong family atmosphere and warm welcoming environment. Saint Xavier educates students in Pre Kindergarten from ages 3 through 12th grade. In an atmosphere based on faith, Saint Xavier strives to help children recognize their God-given gifts and actively use them to their fullest potential. This is an excellent school!
- Posted by Teacher - marke
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.