The Academy at St. Joan of Arc
Tel: (847) 972-1003 Ext. 132
- The Academy at St. Joan of Arc provides a premier preschool through 8th-grade experience built around the way we worship, learn and live.
- Our small school environment offers high quality, values-based education in a safe space at an accessible tuition rate.
- The Academy offers families an educational community steeped in the beautiful traditions of the Catholic faith with all the advantages of a 21st Century educational experience.
- Our outstanding teachers emphasize critical thinking and problem solving and focus on fostering curiosity and a love for learning.
- We believe that we`re advancing what`s possible in Catholic education by combining: inspired, new leadership; top-notch educational resources; and the wonderful traditions of our vibrant community.
- The Academy enthusiastically welcomes students of all faiths, and we invite you to learn more about us here and contact us to arrange a visit.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys and girls navy pants/shorts and white collared shirts. Girls plaid skirts/jumpers and white collared shirts. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 1 / Jul. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,367|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available on as needed basis|
|Admissions Director||Caroline Kennedy|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Scholars, Let's Build It, Let's Code It, StickyFingers
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Mudlark Theater Classes
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- St. Joan of Arc School offers a high-quality academic experience in the Catholic tradition. Our mission is to engage, challenge, and inspire our students to become life-long learners and citizens committed to service. St. Joan of Arc School provides students with educational excellence in the Catholic tradition. We offer a welcoming community and environment to students of all cultures and faiths. Beginning with an engaging preschool and continuing through our challenging junior high, we surround our students with a joyful, loving, and rewarding learning environment. We are committed to helping each child attain his or her full potential through academic, spiritual and emotional development, and athletic rigor. Our goal is to become the best small school on the North Shore. St. Joan of Arc School is a Catholic school where families of diverse faiths and cultures are welcomed and are bonded together through a solid moral and ethical foundation of faith and academic excellence.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Skokie Grades: PK-K | 100 students
4023 Dempster Street
Skokie, IL 60076
(847) 675-7030 0.7 PK-K
- Evanston Grades: PK-1 | 53 students
3333 Culver St
Evanston, IL 60201
(847) 864-3215 1.1 PK-1
- Evanston Grades: NS-PK
2014 Dempster St
Evanston, IL 60202
(847) 869-3456 1.1 NS-PK
- Skokie Grades: NS-K
9651 Gross Point Road
Skokie, IL 60076
(847) 773-0200 1.1 NS-K
- Skokie Grades: K-8 | 35 students
3531 Madison St.
Skokie, IL 60076
(773) 973-2828 1.2 K-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.