Pope John Xxiii School
5.00 (1 review)
- Pope John XXIII School's goal is to provide an excellent Catholic education in a small, caring and diverse community.
- We are preparing students for global citizenship. Pope John XXIIi School teaches three languages.
- French and Spanish are taught staring in preschool alternating semesters.
- Latin is an option starting in sixth grade. There are honors and advanced classes starting in middle school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,865|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioners of St. Mary\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s or St. Nicholas Churches receive tuition reduction--so their rate is $5646|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Ann McCarthy|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess club, Girls on the Run, Guitar, Piano, Spelling bee club, Violin, Yoga Band, Chess club, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Yoga, Girls on the Run,
Spelling bee club,
- NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE! 2008 WINNER OF THE NCLB BLUE RIBBON AWARD FOR ACADEMIC SCORES IN THE TOP 10%. WINNER OF THE RED RIBBON AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN DRUG-FREE EDUCATION, PROVIDING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT AND PROMOTING HELATHY LIFE STYLES
Profile last updated: 08/25/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElmhurstGrades: PK-8 | 551 students
132 W Arthur St
Elmhurst, IL 60126
La GrangeGrades: K-9 | 640 students
145 N Waiola Ave
La Grange, IL 60525
Western SpringsGrades: K-9 | 698 students
708 51st St
Western Springs, IL 60558
Fantastic environment! Supports a variety of interests and assists the needs of varied learning styles with ease. The school respects the children and the families. The homework is substantive and the projects in school are rich in content.
- Posted by Parent - jbenc
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?