St John Of The Cross Parish School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (708) 246-4454
- St. John of the Cross Parish School is dedicated to providing a quality Catholic education for our children.
- We strive to work together with parents/guardians to provide a learning environment in which students will continue to grow spiritually and academically.
- Recognizing and respecting the uniqueness of each child, we provide opportunities for our students to use their gifts and talents, to give witness to their faith, and to make responsible decisions.
- The mission of St. John of the Cross Parish School is to provide a dynamic Catholic environment where faith is nourished and knowledge grows.
- We offer unique educational experiences that foster success, promote unity, and respect the individuality of each student.
- Our parish school, rooted in faith, prides itself on the legacy that has been established which empowers students to live The Good News rooted in faith, growing in knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||688 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Grange Grades: PK-8 | 525 students
145 N Waiola Ave
La Grange, IL 60525
(708) 352-2175 1.7 PK-8
- Palos Heights Grades: PK-8 | 274 students
7025 W 126th St
Palos Heights, IL 60463
(708) 448-0408 10.7 PK-8
We have had all of our children attend St. John since preschool. We absolutely love the school, great academics, selection of sports for grades 5-8, and an incredible school community that really pitches in to help whenever it is needed. If you are looking for a Catholic school - this is it! Our kids have lifelong friends when they graduate in 8th grade and are more than ready for the challenges of high school.
- Posted by Parent - Karen S
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.