St Alexander School
- St. Alexander School is a Catholic Elementary school that rests on a 12 acre site with St. Alexander Parish, just North of 127th and Harlem Avenue.
- It was founded with the Parish in June of 1959 with the appointment of Father Hanton by Archbishop Albert Cardinal Meyer.
- Father Hanton selected the name "St. Alexander" in honor of the third century pope and his own deceased father and brother who bore the same name.
- Our school has continued to provide an excellent academic, religious and moral foundation for our children.
- We strive to offer a curriculum meeting the needs of the whole child -- spiritually, academically, socially and physically -- and to work toward each student's realization of his/her potential in these areas.
- In cooperation with parents, the school fosters an atmosphere of love, respect and service where the message of Christ is taught and lived and community worship is an integral part of the religious education program.
- Through their Catholic education, the students learn responsibility and an appreciation of their family, school, parish, community and world. This is the mission of St. Alexander School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Western SpringsGrades: K-9 | 698 students
708 51st St
Western Springs, IL 60558
- LisleGrades: PK-8 | 728 students
4913 Columbia Avenue
Lisle, IL 60532
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.