St Johns Lutheran School
Tel: (708) 354-1690
St Johns Lutheran School Photo #2 - On Patriot Day, 9-11, St. John's students commemorated those who lost their lives with a veteran playing "Taps" at our flagpole.
St Johns Lutheran School Photo #8 - The 3rd through 5th Grade Research Fair allows children to do authentic learning.
St Johns Lutheran School Photo #9 - St. John's music program includes opportunities in choral singing, playing a band or string instrument, participating in a handbell choir, or taking piano lessons.
- We believe that the development of a child is a dynamic process involving mind and body, spirit and relationships.
- The Bible teaches us about growing up with this holistic perspective.
- Jesus said it this way, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (Mark 12:30).
- This is the foundation of St John's Lutheran School and its philosophy of education.
- Your child will be well prepared to excel in high school given St. John's combination of traditional personal instruction enhanced by modern educational technology.
- Our curriculum is chosen to not only teach basic skills, but also to promote critical thinking.
- Learning is enhanced through the Accelerated Reader Program, science labs, computer science, and educational field trips.
St Johns Lutheran School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(neat, clean, inoffensive, business casual)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,450|
|Tuition Notes||Includes Instructional materials fee of $450. Discounted rate for members of supporting congregation (St. John's Lutheran Church)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Lynn Kahl|
|Admissions Associate||Stephanie Johnson|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band, Echoes of Praise Audition Choir, Family Music Theater, Joy Handbells, Jubilee Handbells, Junior Choir, Piano, Primary Choir, Strings
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Cross Country, Intramural Volleyball, Track, Varsity and Junior Varsity Basketball, Varsity Volleyball
- Small classes provide for differentiation of learning.
- High expectations and achievement are a hallmark of St. John's.
- Students have many opportunities for sports and clubs.
- All students have daily Physical Education classes taught by certified P.E. teachers.
- Students all participate in choirs. They may join handbells choirs, and take band, string, or piano lessons within the school day.
- St. John's has a comfort dog ministry with Angel, our church and school comfort dog.
- St. John's students consistently score well on standardized tests.
- Graduates enter high school excellently prepared to handle the rigors of high school.
- The school is supported by the church with many adult volunteers assisting with extra programs for the students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.