Immaculate Conception Grade School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (630) 530-3490
- Immaculate Conception Grade School, the first Catholic school in Elmhurst, was founded in 1900 and currently serves children in grades Pre-K 3 through 8th. As an educational ministry of Immaculate Conception Parish, we partner with parents to prepare students for lives as Catholic leaders. As Christians empowered by the Holy Spirit, we focus on formation through prayer, message, concern, and service to community. We teach students to live a lives that embody these values, are centered in Christ, and strive for their greatest academic potential. They will experience a world around them rich in God's love.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||462 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,765|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes a $1,000 active parishioner discount. Families outside of the parish do not receive this discount.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boys Scouts, Chess Club, Drama Club, Girl Scouts Of America, High School Admissions Test Prep, Math Minds, Safety Patrol, Science Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Newsletter, Technology Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band and Choir, Jr. High Dance Class, Spring Musical, Talent Show
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Immaculate Conception Grade School, our commitment to excellence does not waver. We understand the importance of setting high expectations and have resources in place (Math Specialists, Reading Specialist, classroom differentiation, classroom aides, social worker) to provide additional challenge or additional assistance to those students who might be in need of it. Again and again, we hear from high school administrators how well prepared our students are. Our curriculum is aligned with both the Diocese of Joliet and the State of Illinois learning standards. Additionally we have been accredited by AdvancED, the world's largest accrediting agency.
- At ICGS we recognize our responsibility to provide our students with a strong Catholic faith formation and varied opportunities for worship, prayer, and service. As our students grow, we see their faith blossom and compel them to be people of action. Consequently, our students will go out and make the world a better place.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lombard Grades: PK-8 | 445 students
601 South Westmore Avenue
Lombard, IL 60148
(630) 627-2353 3 PK-8
- Melrose Park Grades: 9-12 | 320 students
900 Chicago Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160
(708) 344-0404 4.9 9-12
Choosing ICGS for our daughters education was the best decision we have made as a family. The teachers and administration is top notch. My child has learned respect, compassion, faith, leadership along with an excellent education. IC is a family that we are proud to be part of.
- Posted by Parent - CP
ICGS was the best investment we have ever made. Along with excellent academics, our 3 children received an excellent faith foundation with an emphasis on Catholic leadership. They left the school with a solid sense of confidence along with a sense of their responsibility to make our world a better place. Each of them were well prepared in self-discipline and time management. As a result they have excelled in high school in the classroom, in athletics, and in extracurricular activities. This foundation was instrumental in providing them with excellent choices for college. We can't recommend this school highly enough.
- Posted by Parent - email@example.com
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.