The Montessori School Of The Mahoning Valley
The Montessori School of the Mahoning Valley, Inc. was founded in 1976.
MSMV is a non-profit corporation that operates as a parent co-operative and is governed by a Board of Trustees.
We are a nonsectarian, chartered, nonpublic school (grades K-8) and preschool.
We follow the philosophy of and have adopted the methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.
The Montessori School of the Mahoning Valley, a child-centered community of families and educators, provides a quality educational environment that develops independent, life-long learning while instilling respect, responsibility, and resourcefulness.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 96 students
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Tuition costs vary by program. Please contact the school for updated information.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
- The Montessori School of the Mahoning Valley is a parent co-operative which requires families to participate in volunteer hours to support the school and its community in an atmosphere of cooperation and respect.
Endorse The Montessori School Of The Mahoning Valley. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.