The School At Springbrook
Tel: (607) 286-7171
- Springbrook is a private, not for profit agency. The School at Springbrook is licensed by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and regulated by the New York State Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (OMRDD).
- Springbrook provides services to children ages 5-21 with Autism or other developmental disability and whose IQ is in the range of mental retardation.
- Springbrook welcomes all children regardless of race, color, creed, sex, citizenship status or national origin.
The School At Springbrook places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Developmental Disability, Multiply Disabled|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates upon request|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Zack-Decker|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Soccer,|
- Springbrook offers a day program for children who live at home with their family or a residential program for those children who need a higher level of care and support in a 24 hour setting. There are 48 residential students and 28 day students. Both the residential and day programs are 12-month programs with a traditional 10-month school year and an additional 6-week summer session. With a spacious and bright state-of-the-art school building built in the late 1970s, plus renovations and additions completed in 2001, Springbrook is driven to provide both the environment and staff to enhance and facilitate individual learning. Although developmental disabilities influence, to varying degrees, the ability to learn, we believe that learning is always possible in the right surroundings with the right caring staff. The educational program provides learning curriculums that build the foundation to success. The School at Springbrook applies a trans-disciplinary approach to all students by involving parents, school districts, special education teachers, house managers and therapists in the development of each student's individualized education program. Our trans-disciplinary approach is designed to provide student-centered, individualized educational programs for each student. Participation on the part of school districts, students, their parents and advocates in the development of the IEP is invaluable and is actively sought by service providers. This collaborative approach, drawing on the resources and expertise of varied professionals, accompanied by our commitment to deliver the best in individualized care and services, provides our students with the building blocks they need for continued development through their lives and ensures learning and consistency across environments. Small classes and individualized instruction is guided by committed teachers working with dedicated staff. Springbrook has 10 classrooms each with a staffing ratio of 6:1:3.5 which include one certified master level teacher, one certified teacher assistant and direct support professionals. Springbrook also has 2 vocational classrooms with a staffing ratio of 8:1:2 which include one certified master level teacher, one certified teacher assistant, one direct support professional and two job coaches. Through the vocational program called Working and Gaining Employability Skills (WAGES), a student's academic focus is based on real life situations. Social skills are obtained by interacting with the local community. Students have a wide variety of jobs within the school or in the greater community.
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to The School At Springbrook is Lighthouse Christian Academy (6.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oneonta Grades: PK-12 | 24 students
12 Grove Street
Oneonta, NY 13820
(607) 432-2031 6.8 PK-12
- Cooperstown Grades: 2-6 | 9 students
4898 State Highway 28
Cooperstown, NY 13326
(607) 547-5067 9.3 2-6
- Cooperstown Grades: PK-K | 91 students
687 County Highway 59
Cooperstown, NY 13326
(607) 547-4060 11 PK-K
- Delhi Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
80 Kemp Rd
Delhi, NY 13753
(607) 287-1870 13.2 7-12
- Otego Grades: PK-12 | 88 students
353 Main Street
Otego, NY 13825
(607) 432-0383 13.4 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.