Toad Hill Children's House
Toad Hill is a Montessori Kindergarten and Preschool environment for children ages 3-6 years old.
Housed in a historic one room schoolhouse, we opened on September 1, 2005.
Toad Hill Children`s House is a 5 Star, City of Madison Accredited Program.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Outdoor Classroom and Hiestand Park
- Our school yard is an Outdoor Classroom utilized year round. Children climb, build, garden, rake, shovel snow, identify plants and wildlife, and explore and experiment with nature in this space everyday. We gather, count, and cook with fruits and vegetables gathered from these gardens and from our apple, cherry, pear, and mulberry trees. Our charming school also backs to Hiestand Woods Conservation Park, allowing easy access to over 45 acres of open space, wooded trails, playgrounds and greenways.
- Montessori Work Period
- Our carefully prepared environment allows students practice practical life skills, language, mathematics, sensorial activities, and lessons in geography, science, geology and so much more! As they work they are constantly developing their sense of order, concentration, coordination and independence.
- Childhood is a celebration! Our students celebrate customs and traditions from around the world all year long. Celebrations include preparing and eating foods from other nations, wearing traditional clothing used in cultural festivals and special occasions, and learning games, crafts, dances and songs in a variety of languages.
- Kindergarten at Toad Hill
- Kindergarten is the most important year for Montessori students. They solidify strong leadership skills, and complete their foundation for a lifelong love of learning. During the Kindergarten year our oldest students venture beyond the classroom to gather new information from leaders in our community, and apply the knowledge they already have in new ways.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Toad Hill Children's House. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.