Tupelo Christian Preparatory School
- Since 1988, Tupelo Christian Preparatory School has been leading students, in partnership with Christian families, to know Christ and make Him known through rigorous academics, challenging athletics, stimulating arts and servant-hood activities.
- TCPS is dedicated to the glory of God and is founded on the belief that God is the source of all truth as revealed in the Person of Jesus Christ.
- All areas of learning (spiritual, academic, physical, and social) are taught from the biblically-based belief that truth is revealed in the Word of God. The Bible has prime significance in all subject areas.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||616 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP US History, Dual Credit Bible, Dual Credit Health, Dual Credit Psychology, Dual Credit U.S. History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Other fees: Application, Registration, Building Tuition depends on the student's grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brandy Wilcox|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WeightliftingArchery, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||High School Student Council, Junior Beta Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society|
- 1) Tupelo Christian Preparatory (TCPS) is a faith-based school and is accredited through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancedEd. We have approximately 615 students that represent over 8 different denominations and over 74 different churches. 2) We are a private Christian school and are not funded by the State of Mississippi. Our funding comes from tuition and fees, as well as private donors. 3) Our class sizes are small. An average of 15 students per class is the norm. 4) Hot lunches begin on the first day of school. 5) We presently have a staff of 67: 1 Headmaster, 2 Principals, 1 Athletic Director, 2 Guidance Counselors, 1 Director of Marketing 1 Director of Technology, 1 Librarian, 6 Clerical Support Staff, 5 Lunchroom staff, 4 aid and care providers, and 43 Teachers. Our teachers are Born-again, degreed, and certified. 6) We have a PTF (Parent /Teacher Fellowship). This organized group of parents works in cooperation with teachers to better the school through prayer, fund-raising, and volunteer work. 7) Our school hours are: Elementary (Full-day Kindergarten 5th) 8:00 am 2:45p.m.; Secondary (7 th 11 th) 7:45 a.m. 3:05 p.m.; Monday Friday. 8) We have a dress code that emphasizes modesty 9) Tuition is: Grade 1 grade 7: $5,800; Grade 8: $5,900; Grades 9th-12th $6,180. (see tuition schedule for the fees and tuition for half-day PK4 K) 10) Organized sports are available. We offer a full range of sports soccer, football, basketball, swimming, cross-country, baseball, softball, tennis,golfing, bowling, track, and cheerleading. We hope this information has answered all your questions. If you would like further information, please call (662.844.8604) or come by the TCPS office located at 5440 Endville Road, Belden 38826.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tupelo Grades: PK-10 | 81 students
830 Shumacola Trl
Tupelo, MS 38801
(662)842-4005 6.6 PK-10
- Tupelo Grades: PK-12 | 167 students
1801 E Main St
Tupelo, MS 38804
(662)791-7731 8.2 PK-12
- Flowood Grades: 6-12 | 873 students
3100 Lakeland Drive
Flowood, MS 39232
(601)939-8611 160.3 6-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.