Ursuline Academy High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (504) 212-6820
- Ursuline Academy of New Orleans, founded in 1727 and sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters, is a Catholic school for girls offering a strong educational environment from early childhood through a college preparatory secondary program.
- In a diverse community with an inspiring heritage, Ursuline Academy fosters spiritual formation, academic excellence and a life-long commitment to Serviam: I will serve.
- The Academy values the uniqueness of each student, nurtures the whole person, develops leaders of confidence and compassion, and prepares them for life in a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||435 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,800|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Gymnastics, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||35 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Games, Art Alliance, Art Club, Bicycle Club, Dead Poets' Society, Diversity Club, Drama Club, Fitness Club, Girls on the Run, Junior Beta Club, Key Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Peer Ministry, Queen's Players, Quiz Bowl, Recycling Club, Retreat Team, Robotics Club, Safety Ambassadors, Save NOLA Strays, Science Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Teens for Life, Ursuline Identity Team, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Handbells, Orchestra, Piano, Recorder Consort
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We Offer A Strong Educational Program.
- An Ursuline student experiences a broad, challenging, and contemporary curriculum with a faculty committed to supporting each student from reading her first words through graduation and beyond. Our elementary school offers developmentally-appropriate academic programs and specialization classes that are the building blocks for high school studies. An extensive art and music program, contemporary computer technology tools, and a variety of athletic and non-athletic extra curricular offerings distinguish an Ursuline education as one committed to whole person development. The secondary school offers a comprehensive curriculum which includes rigorous academic coursework, as well as programs for the spiritual, physical, social, and emotional development of the individual student, and affords every girl a 4- or 5-year college preparatory education.
- We Foster Spiritual Formation In Our Community.
- An Ursuline student grows in her spiritual life while embracing the school’s motto, Serviam, through required community service hours for elementary and high school students. Our students deepen their spirituality, openness to diversity and cooperation in a caring community that values every child, all faiths and backgrounds, and provides activities that encourage life-long friendships. We remain dedicated to the long-standing traditions of courtesy, loyalty and courage to prepare our students for leadership and service to their churches, schools, communities and the world.
- We Nurture the Whole Person.
- An Ursuline education goes beyond academic excellence by providing a complete and diverse curriculum which allows each student to develop her individual talents. Athletic teams and a large variety of non-athletic clubs and extracurricular activities satisfy the needs and interests of any girl.
- We Develop Leaders of Confidence and Compassion.
- Ursuline graduates are confident young women with habits of mind and heart that endure. They attend a diverse portfolio of colleges from Cornell to Howard, from LSU and Tulane to Stanford. In the words of many alumnae, they are “prepared for anything” including college, careers, leadership and service. An Ursuline graduate is ready to engage the changing world with faith, compassion and confidence.
- We Have An Inspiring Heritage.
- It was the conviction of the Ursuline Sisters in 1727 that the education of women was essential to the development of a civilized, spiritual society, making Ursuline Academy, New Orleans, the oldest, continuously-operating school for women in the United States.
- Your Child’s Education is Worth It.
- A strong education is priceless in today’s society, and Ursuline Academy’s founding Sisters worked diligently to provide an exceptional education for New Orleans women regardless of race, creed, or socioeconomic status. In an effort to make this education affordable to many, we offer annual scholarships to incoming 8th graders as well as financial assistance to our families.
- We’re Accredited.
- The Academy is accredited by AdvancED, which has replaced the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), approved by the State Department of Education of Louisiana, recognized as a member of the North American Ursuline Educational Services (NAUES), the National Honor Society of Secondary Schools and the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Grades: NS-12 | 653 students
2343 Prytania Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 561-1224 2 NS-12
- New Orleans Grades: NS-12 | 756 students
4521 Saint Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504) 891-1943 1.1 NS-12
- New Orleans Grades: 8-12 | 1250 students
7027 Milne Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
(504) 288-7626 5.3 8-12
- New Orleans Grades: PK-12 | 977 students
1903 Jefferson Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504) 896-6322 0.7 PK-12
- New Orleans Grades: 8-12 | 813 students
7701 Walmsley Ave
New Orleans, LA 70125
(504) 865-9401 1 8-12
great school, nice students, treated like family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.