The Chartwell Center
- The Chartwell Center is a non-profit organization that serves children with autism and related disorders.
- Located in the Lower Garden District New Orleans, the center provides three different services: Applied Behavior Analysis, Education Services, and Vocational Training to children and adults. We also offer training and technical support to parents, teachers and other professionals.
- Chartwell's mission is to serve children with autism spectrum disorders by providing educational services, and by offering training and support to families, teachers and other professionals.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Orleans Grades: PK-8 | 263 students
812 General Pershing St
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504)896-4500 2.2 PK-8
- Hammond Grades: NS-8 | 237 students
47342 North Cherry Street
Hammond, LA 70401
(985)542-7212 43.7 NS-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.