Versailles Montessori School
- The mission of Versailles Montessori School is: * To provide a carefully planned educational environment based on Dr. Maria Montessori's educational principles.
- * To create peace through education - one child at a time.
- Versailles Montessori School actively seeks a wide variety of staff and children in order to share the rich resources we all have to offer.
Versailles Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,599|
|Tuition Notes||Multi-child discounts offered|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tony Guagliardo|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Private Music Lessons
- VMS is an accredited private school through the Kentucky State Board of Education. VMS' elementary program is also an accredited Montessori program through AMI - Association Montessori International. VMS is a member of the American Montessori Society. All VMS administration and lead teaching staff are AMI or AMS certified. In May 1986, Tony and Ren Guagliardo traveled to Italy to receive their Primary Montessori Training. They graduated with their AMI Montessori Primary Teaching Certificates in May 1987. Upon their return to Woodford County in July 1987, they formed Montessori's House of the Children, a two room school with a staff of one. Seven years later in May 1994 VMS was incorporated in Kentucky. VMS also filed and received tax exempt status from the IRS. The school expanded into elementary grades and toddler classes and began the fall 1994 school year with 90 plus students and a staff of 12. In September of 1997, the school's campus was relocated on 10 acres of donated land allowing for outdoor science labs, organic gardens, sporting fields, small farm animals, orchards, wild flower fields, and bird sanctuaries. The school's building includes 2 toddler classes, 2 primary classes, 2 elementary classes. Each classroom exits onto a 8 foot wide covered porch and fenced play area. Each classroom has access to a 1,900 sq. ft. library/media center. A 2,400 sq. ft. basement is located directly below the primary wing. Administration offices can be found at the entrance of the building. VMS is a non profit 501(C)3 organization that allows any and all donations made to the school, to be tax deductible.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Versailles Grades: PK-8 | 166 students
255 Huntertown Rd.
Versailles, KY 40383
(859)873-4591 2.8 PK-8
- Versailles Grades: K-5 | 58 students
320 Hope Ln
Versailles, KY 40383
(859)873-0288 3.5 K-5
- Lexington Grades: NS-PK | 126 students
4343 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40513
(859)223-3557 7.1 NS-PK
- Lexington Grades: PK-K | 31 students
3564-a Clays Mill Rd
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)276-6350 8.5 PK-K
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.