Versailles Montessori School
The mission of Versailles Montessori School is: * To provide a carefully planned educational environment based on Dr. Maria Montessori's educational principles.
* To create peace through education - one child at a time.
Versailles Montessori School actively seeks a wide variety of staff and children in order to share the rich resources we all have to offer.
Versailles Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for:
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 11%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Multi-child discounts offered
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Private Music Lessons
Private Music Lessons
- VMS is an accredited private school through the Kentucky State Board of Education. VMS' elementary program is also an accredited Montessori program through AMI - Association Montessori International. VMS is a member of the American Montessori Society. All VMS administration and lead teaching staff are AMI or AMS certified. In May 1986, Tony and Ren Guagliardo traveled to Italy to receive their Primary Montessori Training. They graduated with their AMI Montessori Primary Teaching Certificates in May 1987. Upon their return to Woodford County in July 1987, they formed Montessori's House of the Children, a two room school with a staff of one. Seven years later in May 1994 VMS was incorporated in Kentucky. VMS also filed and received tax exempt status from the IRS. The school expanded into elementary grades and toddler classes and began the fall 1994 school year with 90 plus students and a staff of 12. In September of 1997, the school's campus was relocated on 10 acres of donated land allowing for outdoor science labs, organic gardens, sporting fields, small farm animals, orchards, wild flower fields, and bird sanctuaries. The school's building includes 2 toddler classes, 2 primary classes, 2 elementary classes. Each classroom exits onto a 8 foot wide covered porch and fenced play area. Each classroom has access to a 1,900 sq. ft. library/media center. A 2,400 sq. ft. basement is located directly below the primary wing. Administration offices can be found at the entrance of the building. VMS is a non profit 501(C)3 organization that allows any and all donations made to the school, to be tax deductible.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2021
Endorse Versailles Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.