Our teachers and staff are passionate about educating and nurturing children, and have extensive experience in the childcare industry.
We also have many teachers who already have, or are working towards their Childhood Development Associate Credentials, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the education field.
As a corporate team, everyone strives for excellence through continuing education.
Our staff attends bi-annual professional development trainings, college courses and seminars to ensure we are evolving and expanding our teaching knowledge.
In addition, teachers are trained and have up-to-date certifications in both CPR and First Aid.
At the end of the day, the key to our success is the passion for teaching and love of learning that we all share.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to KinderCare. Thank you for your interest in our center. We are excited about what is happening here. Our programs range from Infants to Catch the Wave, which is our school aged program. We provide care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old. Our part time program begins at age 2 years. We offer several Learning Adventure programs, such as Phonics, Math, Music and Cooking. These programs are small individualized classes. The Phonics and Math program is done 3 times a week for 20 minutes each. The Music and Cooking program is done once a week for an hour. We would love to meet your family. Please call us to set up a tour today.
- Our facility offers a keypad security front entrance given only to parents of enrolled children. Each one of our classrooms have not only an intercom, but a walkie talkie that is used inside and outside while on the playground. Also, here at KinderCare we a have one staff member that is the dedicated to Health and Safety for our center. She ensures that the center is up-to-date in many areas, such as current CPR and First Aid for all staff members, proper cleaning and sanitizing chemicals for the classrooms, monthly Fire and Tornado drills, and everything pertaining to medications and allergies.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Accreditations: NAC
- Enrollment: Min Age - 6 Weeks, Max Age - 12 Year-Olds
- NACCRRA and DHS restrictions - not accepting subsidy for infants, toddlers and school age at this time. This may change in the near future.
- Infant Programs (6 Weeks – 1 Year), Toddler Programs (1 – 2 Years), Discovery Preschool Programs (2 – 3 Years), Preschool Programs (3 – 4 Years), Prekindergarten Programs (4 – 5 Years), Before and After School Programs (5–12 Years), Summer Programs (preschool, prekindergarten, and school-age)
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for W. Houston Street KinderCare?
The application deadline for W. Houston Street KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse W. Houston Street KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.