W. Houston Street KinderCare
Our teachers and staff are passionate about educating and nurturing children, and have extensive experience in the childcare industry.
We also have many teachers who already have, or are working towards their Childhood Development Associate Credentials, Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in the education field.
As a corporate team, everyone strives for excellence through continuing education.
Our staff attends bi-annual professional development trainings, college courses and seminars to ensure we are evolving and expanding our teaching knowledge.
In addition, teachers are trained and have up-to-date certifications in both CPR and First Aid.
At the end of the day, the key to our success is the passion for teaching and love of learning that we all share.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to KinderCare. We are excited that you have chosen to look at us for your child care needs. Where to send your child for his or her early education is one of the biggest decisions a parent makes. We know it's important to find child care you can trust and a program that meets your expectations. You have come to the right place! Families through out our community entrust us with their infants, toddlers, preschoolers, prekindergarteners, and school-age children. It is our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, togetherness, joy, and wonder in every child. Our curriculum is designed for children of all ages. We are teaching children language/literacy, mathematical thinking, and scientific thinking. We are here to have fun with your child and help them develop social skills, fine motor skills, and their overall well being. Our Take It Outdoors curriculum helps promote physical activity throughout the day. Our Learning Adventure programs are designed to continue your child's education outside of the classroom in a smaller group setting. Please ask the center director for more details about the Learning Adventure programs and to schedule a tour.
- Our facility offers a keypad security front entrance given only to parents of enrolled children. Each one of our classrooms have not only an intercom, but a walkie talkie that is used inside and outside while on the playground. Also, here at KinderCare we a have one staff member that is the dedicated to Health and Safety for our center. She ensures that the center is up-to-date in many areas, such as current CPR and First Aid for all staff members, proper cleaning and sanitizing chemicals for the classrooms, monthly Fire and Tornado drills, and everything pertaining to medications and allergies.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- NACCRRA and DHS restrictions - not accepting subsidy for infants, toddlers and school age at this time. This may change in the near future.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for W. Houston Street KinderCare?
The application deadline for W. Houston Street KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse W. Houston Street KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
What Is Praxis?
Praxis is part of the teacher licensing process many states require.
September 30, 2022Student Health Records: Vaccinations
Most parents have questions about vaccinations. We look at the big picture and offer some sources for you to do your own research.