The teachers and staff at WestLakes KinderCare realize how important your child is to you and your family.
That is why we dedicate ourselves to all of the children here at KinderCare by promising to educate and to provide a safe and caring learning environment in your absence.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to WestLakes KinderCare in West Des Moines, Iowa. We would love to meet with you and your family to share with you everything that our center has to offer. When you visit our center, you will see how passionate the team is about education and the happiness that we can bring to each child that is enrolled at our center. We strive to develop the whole child; we provide several activities that will help your child develop socially, emotionally and cognitively. The brain develops the most in the first three years of life, so we strive to introduce your child to several learning activities and opportunities every day. WestLakes KinderCare's experts enjoy being a part of our families' lives and have a true passion for educating and nurturing children. Call today to schedule a tour; we would love to show you around our center!
- Along with your child's happiness and education, your child's health and safety is also at the top of our priority list here at WestLakes KinderCare. We are extremely fortunate to be located right next to the West Des Moines Fire Station; the center is located in a great area that exudes safety. Not only are all of our outside perimeter doors locked to ensure security, WestLakes KinderCare also has a keypad entry as well as two fenced in playgrounds with locked gates. Enrolled families will have access to the code that will allow them past the keypad accessed entry. Otherwise, a door bell is available for visitors who will be greeted by one of our friendly staff members. At WestLakes KinderCare we have a Health and Safety Coordinator on site as well. One of Ms. Kathi's jobs is to conduct monthly fire and tornado drills, and to ensure that all of our staff has current certifications in CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions as well as current Mandated Reporter certificates. We cannot stress enough the importance of keeping all of our children safe!
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Accreditations: NAEYC
- Enrollment: Min Age - 6 Weeks, Max Age - 5 YEARS
- We cannot accept any CCA families until the Fall.
- Infant Programs (6 Weeks – 1 Year), Toddler Programs (1 – 2 Years), Discovery Preschool Programs (2 – 3 Years), Preschool Programs (3 – 4 Years), Prekindergarten Programs (4 – 5 Years), Summer Programs (preschool, prekindergarten, and school-age)
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Westlakes KinderCare?
The application deadline for Westlakes KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Westlakes KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.